Chapter 12

Katniss POV

Where am I? I wake up and see that everything is white. Am I dead? Is this heaven? I can't be dead. I sit up and see that I'm in a hospital room. Hmm...

"Katniss are you awake?",asks a doctor.
"Yes"
"Good,I have some exciting news for you!"
"What is it"
"You're pregnant!"

I then faint.

***

"Katniss wake up",I hear someone say. I sit up and instantly make contact with those beautiful baby blue eyes that could only belong to my Peeta. "Peeta!",I yell as I grab his collar and kiss him. He doesn't hesitate to kiss me back.

We are soon interrupted when a docter clears his throat. We pull apart.

"Katniss?",the doctor asks.
"Yes"
"Do you remember what I told you earlier?"
"No"

Then theres an awkward silence for a while.

"What?",I ask. "Katniss",Peeta starts trying to hid his smile,"You're pregnant. We're gonna have a kid!" I then black out again.

***

I wake up and remember earlier. "Peeta"
"Yes"
"I want Gale"
"Wait, what!?!"
"I want to talk to him"
"Why? You hate him! He killed your sister!"
"No he didn't! The capital did! I want to talk to him! He's my best friend!!!"
"Alright"

Peeta hands me the phone and I dial Gale's number.

"Hello?"
"Gale?"
"Catnip?"
"Gale!"
"Hey! What's up Catnip!"
"Guess what!?"
"What?"
"I'm pregnant!"
"You're what?"
"Gale I'm having a baby"

Everything goes quiet for a while.

"Who's the father"
"Peeta..."
"WHAT!?! BREAD BOY!?! HE TRIED TO KILL YOU!!!"
"NO HE DIDN'T!"
"YES HE D-"
"NO HE DIDN'T! AND HE LOVES ME! WE'RE MARRIED!!! I LOVE HIM GALE I DON'T LOVE YOU JUST GET OVER ME!!!!!!!!!"

Then the line goes dead.

***

Its days later. We turn on the TV and see. OH MY GOSH! GALE IS DEAD!!!

In the news report it says that they found him in a tree. He hung himself. Oh my gosh. Carved in the tree was,"Katniss, are you coming to the tree?" I then start quietly crying and singing, "Are you, are you, coming to the tree-"

***

I wake up and start screaming. Wait where am I? I see that I'm in some kind of jungle. I then remember last night. I can't believe I dreamed that I was pregnant and that I was happy. And Gale? I hate him. Why did I care about him? And he died! I'm so confused. I get up and start walking back to Annie's house.