Chapter 22

Katniss POV

I wake up to the wonderful smell of fresh baked cheesebuns. I get out of bed and run down stairs to the kitchen.

I see Peeta putting more cheesebuns in the oven. I go up behind him and wrap my arms around him.

"Guess who!"
"Good morning Katniss"

Peeta turns around and kisses my forehead.

"Wow, thats a lot of cheesebuns"
"The best for you, girl on fire"
"Okay my little bread boy"

I pat his head and give him a kiss on the cheek.

Peeta and I go sit down at the table.

"So, hows the bakery?",I ask while playing with his hair.
"It's fine"
"That's nice"
"How's...hunting?"
"Good, though I haven't been going hunting lately. And we were in 4 for a while so I couldn't. The first time I went hunting in a while was yesterday, but after the incident with Gale I don't think I'll be going hunting anytime soon. And plus, I didn't even reach the woods. Gale stopped me."
"Oh."
"Yea..."

Peeta gets up and goes to the oven and takes the cheesebuns out as the oven starts beeping. He sets them on the table and I reach for one. He touches my hand and I look at him. "Be careful Katniss. They're hot. They just came out of the oven.",says Peeta with a laugh. "Peeta. I'm katniss Everdeen. The girl on fire!",I say impersonating Caesar Flickerman. He laughs. "I think I can handle a little heat.",I say and grab a cheesebun.

I instantly drop it and shake my hand. "OW!" Peeta laughs and I frown. "It's not funny!" "So you can handle being on fire but not a hot cheesebun?",he says, while bursting into laughter. "YOU TRY IT LOVER BOY!",I scream at him. "Okay.",he says and picks one up.

Just like me he drops it instantly. I mock him and say,"So you can handle being on fire but not a hot cheesebun?" I burst out laughing like he did. He joins in, and in no time we're laughing so hard that we cab barely breath.

Hamitch comes running in. "Is everything alright?" "Yea, just laughing our butts off!",I reply and laugh more."Okay. Carry on.",he says and leaves.

As soon as the door shuts me and Peeta burst out laughing. This is my life now. I love it! I love Peeta.

I can get used to this.