Chapter11: I need you

Hayley's POV//
**************

I sat in the ambulance and held Chad's hand. His eyes were slowly closing as he started to lose consciousness.

"Baby stay awake. Please stay awake," I sobbed.

The paramedic that was in the back with us put a breathing mask around his face and started injecting him.

"Is he g-gonna b-be okay," I stuttered through my tears.

"We can't be sure until we give him a full examination. We'll do that when we get to the hospital," she said.

By now his eyes were fully closed and he wasn't responding. I sat down and covered my face with my hands.

When we got to the hospital two other paramedics came to help Chad out of the ambulance.

They carried him on a stretcher and rushed him into the hospital. I tried to keep up as best as I could but was stopped when they got to the operating room.

"I'm very sorry, Hayley, but you can't come in. We'll keep you updated when we know what problems have occurred," the nurse said.

I bit my lip to stop myself from crying and wandered down the corridor.

I decided to get some fresh air so I went out the front of the hospital. It was pitch black out side and I shivered as the cold night air lingered around me. I stared up at the stars and prayed for Chad. I prayed for him to be okay. I prayed for him to get better.

Whilst I was praying I heard a group of guys talking. They were loud and seemed kind of rude.

I looked down at my phone to make it look like I was busy or something to avoid interaction. After a while I heard them walk closer to me. I could hear them scuffing their shoes of the concrete as they approached. My heart raced. Why am I panicing? I asked myself. They would probably walk straigt past me, although they were rather intimidating. I heard them stop. I continued looking at my phone, pretending not to notice.

I looked at the floor and saw several pairs of feet stood before me. I felt intimidated and very self conscious.

"Small. Redhead. You must be Hayley," one of the guys said.

I slowly looked up with my puffy eyes from where I had been crying.

"H-how do you know me," I stuttered.

"Were friends of Josh's. Were waiting out here while he gets his teeth fixed," he said.

My heart stopped. These must be the guys who attacked Chad. I wanted to run straight back into the hospital but I was to affraid. It felt awkward. Why did they come over?

"Why are you here-...oh wait. Your precious Chad," he said in a patronising, high pitched voice. The other guys just stood and laughed along.

I felt so vunerable and scared. I backed up against a wall and they caved in on me. I started panicing. I stared at the hospital doors and wished I'd stayed inside. What were they going to do? What did they want?

"That boyfriend of yours doesn't know what he's gotten himself into," he said.

"Josh deserved what he got," I spat.

"Oh really? And why is that?" He asked.

"Because he...he t-tried-"

"He tried to rape you," he interrupted in a high pitched, girly voice.

The others laughed and high-fived each other.

"Don't lie you slut. You were gagging for it," he said.