12 - Overheating

Pov - Ayana

Pov - Ayana

I had seen a bit of the area surrounding the cabin on our first night here, glanced at it from the different windows, and thought all that was enough to understand how beautiful it was. Nope, I was missing out the entire time!

It's been days and ♫ I feelllike an idiiooot ...

I had smiled at how pretty everything was from the moment Steve opened the door, the sunlight exposing the true hues of the wooden floor was enough for me to regret not trying this sooner.

I stepped out and Steve closed the door behind me, I was a bit stuck taking everything in and thanking every being I knew that I had normal vision and was not dependent on a vision-altering layer of glasses.

Steve snapped me out of the trans long seconds later by offering his hand to me. He led us the short distance to a shaded area right of the cabin and close to the lake.

I sat below where two trees branched into each other for maximum shade, but that still was not enough to completely cover my lower legs and hide them from the sun.

The man thought it was a good idea to invite me to the water first thing, saying it was refreshing. I refused to move and chose to complain to myself about the situation.

How could I forget that there was no sunscreen for me?! I want to move and explore!

"I should just go back inside!" I called in his direction and when he didn't hear me from underwater I repeated it louder while leaning forward, accidentally exposing my eyes to direct sunlight.

"I said I should-!" I froze mid-sentence.

the intense light is not making me squint, let alone close my eyes to protect them. I liked the weird feeling washing over me as I stared into the sun, it felt welcoming, the kind of warmth that would burn in minutes in my home universe felt like a hug from Steve here.

I then noticed more shit I missed in my tantrum, the colors outside were more vibrant than I expected them to be in direct sunlight, and I could fucking see the textures of the sun, I'd equate it to looking at the moon.

I stepped away from the shaded spot and tel myself scan beautiful things for my visual library. The differently shaped leaves, trees, and clouds were a good start but I wanted to look closer and squatted next to a bush with blue and violet-colored flowers.

The majority of the bush held familiarly shaped leaves which I stopped looking at after quickly analysing because the flowers were more interesting. The longer I spent looking at the flowers and thinking of the many different ways I could exaggerate their bell shape, the more details I saw.

The sharpening of what I was looking at was blowing my mind. I thought I was losing it for a full minute but I was not imagining things. My sight really did get better within minutes and I was Baffled.