Chapter 26: Please, fight. Come back to me

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

Inside the ambulance, paramedics worked frantically to stabilize Becky, who lay unconscious on the stretcher. Her injuries from the car crash were severe, and every second counted.

Freen sat beside Becky, her face pale and streaked with tears. She clutched Becky's hand tightly, whispering words of encouragement and love. "Stay with me, Bec. Please, don't leave me. I need you. I love you. I'm so sorry."

The paramedics continued their work, monitoring Becky's vitals and administering necessary treatments to keep her stable. Freen's heart pounded in her chest, fear gripping her with every passing moment.

When they finally arrived at the hospital, the paramedics rushed Becky into the emergency room. Freen followed closely behind, her mind racing with worry and guilt. She was stopped at the doors of the operating room by a nurse.

"Ma'am, you need to wait outside. We'll take care of her from here," the nurse said firmly but kindly.

Freen nodded numbly, her eyes never leaving Becky's form as she was wheeled away. She collapsed into a chair in the waiting area, her head in her hands, her eyes welling up with tears. She couldn't lose Becky, not after everything that had happened.

Freen trying to hold herself together. Every second felt like an eternity. Just as she was pacing anxiously in the waiting area, Faye and Nam arrived, accompanied by Yoko. They rushed over to Freen, concern etched on their faces.

"Freen, how is she?" Faye asked, her voice filled with worry.

"They're still treating her," Freen replied, her voice trembling. "I don't know much yet. They took her in for surgery. It's bad, Ar-neung. It's really bad."

Nam placed a reassuring hand on Freen's shoulder. "She's strong, Freen. She'll pull through.""

Yoko, holding Faye's hand tightly, nodded in agreement. "We've seen her strength. She'll fight."

Faye knelt down beside Freen, her expression softening. "We managed to settle everything back at the ball. The shareholders and big investors will be having a meeting with you soon. We'll handle the fallout from the revelations and make sure the company stays intact."

"We also already manage the media to not spread the news as we know it will affect your plan." Nam said firmly.

Freen sighed, the weight of the night's events bearing down on her. "Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you all."

"Right now, focus on Becky. We'll take care of everything else." Faye said.

"I've already contacted my men to investigate. They're tracking down every lead on the perpetrator behind the incident at the ball and the orchestrator of Becky's accident."

Hearing that, Yoko turned to sit on one of the chairs in the corridor giving the three the privacy they needed.

Faye turned to Freen, "Have they found anything yet?"

Freen shook her head, a hint of frustration in her eyes. "They haven't contacted me with updates yet. Nam," she said, turning to her, "I need you to reach out to one of them. Find out what progress they've made and if they've uncovered anything significant."