Chapter 33: I've seen your efforts.

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

A/N: This will be the last chapter :🤍) Tell me about your opinions and anything you want to say. I wanna know 🥹 Thank you! 🌷🌹

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

Over the next few days, both Freen and Becky's father made concerted efforts to amend with Becky as she continued her recovery.

Richard often stood outside Becky's hospital room, waiting for an invitation to enter, unsure if his presence was welcome. But he was determined to make amends with his daughter, not just through words, but through meaningful actions that demonstrated his commitment to rebuilding their relationship.

Freen shared more about her work, her plans, and her hopes for the future. She is as determined to prove her love and earn back her wife's trust. Each day, she found new ways to show Becky how much she cared, hoping to mend their relationship.

One morning, Freen arrived at the hospital carrying a small, intricately wrapped box. Becky was sitting up in bed when she saw Freen enter. She raised an eyebrow, curiosity piqued.

Freen smiled nervously, setting the box on the bedside table. “I got you something. Open it and see.”

"What’s this?” Becky asked, nodding towards the box.

She carefully unwrapped the box, revealing a beautiful locket inside. She opened it to find a tiny photo of them together on one side and an empty space on the other.

"I thought you might like to put a picture of us from the future on the other side,” Freen explained softly. “A reminder that we can create new, happy memories together."

"Thank you, Freen. This is beautiful." Becky’s eyes welled up with tears, touched by the thoughtful gift.

Freen reached out, gently taking Becky’s hand. “I know I can’t erase the past, but I want to show you every day how much you mean to me. I want to build a future with you, one where there are no secrets.”

Freen dedicated herself to being present and supportive to Becky every day. She rearranged her work schedule to spend more time at the hospital, often staying late into the night to keep her wife company. She brought in Becky's favorite books, read aloud to her, and even tried her hand at what Becky likes to do even if she's not into those things.

She also prepared homemade foods for Becky, as we all know she's an expert in cooking.

“I thought you might like a break from hospital food.” she said with a grin, setting the tray in front of Becky.

Becky smiled, taking a bite. Her eyes widened in surprise. “Thank you! I missed this so much, this is really good, Freen."

Freen nodded, her expression earnest. "I'm glad you like it. I want to be able to do more for you, baby."

"You're already doing it, Babe."

Freen froze, her heart skipping a beat at the familiar term of endearment. She hadn’t heard Becky call her “babe” since before everything had fallen apart. The word hung in the air, warm and hopeful. Her eyes shimmered with emotion, and she quickly moved to Becky’s side, taking her hand.