Chapter 28: She's my everything

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

Another week had passed, and despite the small glimmer of hope they had clung to, Becky's condition remained unchanged.

Freen never leaving Becky's bedside, she'll just stood when she needs to go to the bathroom or it's time for her to eat. Watching her wife, her heart heavy with the burden of uncertainty.

Nam and Faye were also in the room, informing Freen that they already know the information about the perpetrator, they're just waiting for Freen's order on what to do.

Faye holding a folder, the weight of its contents reflected in her eyes.

"Freen," Nam began, her voice low and respectful. "We have the information of the mastermind."

Freen's eyes sharpened, her attention fully on them now. She gestured for them to come closer. "Tell me what you found."

Faye handed the folder to Freen, who opened it and began scanning the documents inside. "Your men did an excellent job. They identified the perpetrator behind the incident at the annual ball. It was Lauren, Becky's stepmother. She orchestrated everything to benefit her daughter, Nita."

Freen's jaw tightened at the name. "Lauren," she repeated, the name dripping with contempt. "What's her current status?"

Nam stepped forward. "She's laying low for now, but we have a good idea of her location. She's seen at their private estate on the outskirts of town."

Freen closed the folder, her eyes flickering to Becky for a moment before returning to them. "And the evidence?"

Faye nodded. "It's all here. Witnesses, surveillance footage, even some intercepted communications. There's enough to expose her entire scheme."

A tense silence filled the room as Freen weighed her options. Finally, she stood, her posture radiating determination. "We can't let this slide. Lauren needs to face justice for what she's done to Becky."

Nam exchanged a look with Faye before speaking up. "What's the plan? Do we bring her in quietly or make an example out of her?"

Freen's gaze hardened, her voice cold and resolute. "We bring that bitch in. Quietly, but firmly. I want her alive and talking."

Faye and Nam nodded in unison, ready to follow her lead. "Consider it done," Faye said, her voice carrying a note of finality.

As they turned to leave, Freen called after them. "I need to go see Becky's mother," she said stopping them, her voice resolute but filled with a trace of fear.

Nam nodded, understanding the weight of the decision. "Do you want us to come with you?"

Faye stepped closer, her expression supportive to her sister. "We can be there for you. You don't have to do this alone."

Freen shook her head, her eyes determined. "Thank you, but I need to do this myself. It's something I have to face on my own." She glanced at her phone, sending a quick message to her security team. "I've told my men to keep a close watch at the hospital. I don't want anything to happen while I'm gone."

Nam gave a reassuring nod. "We'll make sure everything's alright here."

With a final, lingering look at Becky, Freen stood up her hand finding Becky's once more. "I'll make this right," she whispered, more to herself than to the unconscious Becky. "I promise." And made her way to the door.