Chapter 32: No more secrets.

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

A/N: Hello beautiful people!! Sorry for the late update. A lot has happened recently/this past few days, and finally! I have some free time again to update. 🥹

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

The next morning, Freen made her way through the hospital's hallway, her mind preoccupied with the event that happened and the anxiety over Becky's condition.

After so long of planning and contemplating for their Father's downfall, they finally succeeded.

As she approached Becky's room, her heart skipped a beat. The door was slightly open, and through the gap, she saw something that made her stop in her tracks. Becky, was sitting up in bed, her eyes open and she was happily having a conversation with her mother.

"Becky?" Freen's voice was a whisper, a mixture of shock and relief.

Becky's eyes slowly turned towards the door, locking onto Freen with an unsettling emptiness. Her smile slowly fades that sent a shiver down Freen's spine.

"Bec, you're awake!" Freen stepped into the room, her voice trembling with a mix of joy and fear. "Thank goodness. Baby, how do you feel?"

Becky didn't respond. Her eyes remained fixed on Freen. She didn't know what to say, the moment she saw Freen, her thoughts kept drifting back to the annual ball, the night when everything had changed.

How could she face Freen, knowing the weight of what had happened?

Her gaze shifted from Freen's worried face to her mother's tear-filled eyes, but she couldn't summon her strength to react.

Phon watched them. She gently placed a hand on Becky's shoulder. "I'll leave you two alone so you can talk," she said softly. "If you need anything, just call me."

Becky nodded, her gaze never leaving Freen's face.

As Phon quietly exited the room, Freen leaned closer to Becky, her tears finally spilling over as she squeezed Becky's hand. "I was so scared, Bec. I thought I might lose you."

Becky took a deep breath, her voice trembling. "The night of the annual ball... I...your secrets..."

Freen's heart sank. She had hoped they could move past that night, but she understood why it still haunted Becky. "I know, Baby. I can't change what happened, but I can promise you that I'll do everything in my power to make it right. I love you more than anything."

Becky's eyes hardened, and she pulled her hands away. "Love isn't enough, Freen. I need answers. I need to understand why you kept that secret from me. Why didn't you trust me?"

Freen's tears flowed freely now. "I was scared. I thought if you knew the truth, you would leave me. I was a coward, and I hurt you because of it. I'm so sorry."

"You think an apology will fix this? Everyone at the ball saw what happened. They saw our relationship shatter in real time. Do you have any idea how that felt?"

"I know, Bec. I know.. I know I can't take that pain away. But I want to make things right. Please, let me explain everything." Freen's voice broke with guilt and sorrow.

Becky’s eyes burned with unshed tears. "Then start talking, Freen. Tell me everything. No more secrets."

Freen took a deep breath, gathering her courage. "The secret I kept... it was about my past. Those secrets are part of the plans I created with my closest friend Nam as well as my sister Arneung- Faye."