6| Trauma And Guilt

"Talking"
"Talking in Another Language"
'Thinking'
*Talking on the Phone*

"Annalise!!"

"Annalise!! Where are you?!"

"Anna!! Please!! We're sorry!!"

Even as the rainfall was deafening, their voices were still heard over the rain and engines. The brothers ran and looked at every alley they passed by. Their chest began to get heavy as time went on and as the sun began to set. Even when they were soaked, they continued to run and ask all civilians.

However, no one saw her or they did but they didn't bother to tell them. The brothers' sanity was about to snap, as guilt began to weigh them down. The first one to break down was William, who didn't care that everyone was seeing him beat up inanimate objects in an alley.

"Anna, where are you?! Please come out!! We're sorry!! Please!! Your brothers are in the wrong! Please!! Anna–" William screamed, as tears fell from his glaring eyes. Hate, guilt, regret, and worry cloud his entire being, like his brothers. However, he was interrupted when James called out to them. All three of them looked at James in hope, but when they saw what was on his hand, they were petrified.

It was their sister's bracelet and her bow, that was stained with blood.

The next day, Annalise finally woke up. The first thing she noticed was how soft and cozy the bed she was on, the second thing she noticed was that she was in a different room, which scared her enough to sit up immediately. However, a gentle yet firm hand held her from moving too much, which made her flinch in response before her gaze connected with brown ones.