10| Protectiveness

"Talking"
"Talking in Another Language"
'Thinking'
*Talking on the Phone*

"What was that for, Alya? Marinette? Chloe? Why did you corner Annalise like that?" Adrien's usually gentle and understanding eyes had narrowed into a fierce glare

"What was that for, Alya? Marinette? Chloe? Why did you corner Annalise like that?" Adrien's usually gentle and understanding eyes had narrowed into a fierce glare. He couldn't believe that his friends, especially Marinette and Alya, could behave so cruelly.

"Why are you mad, Adrien? You should be mad at her! She's a liar and an insensitive one at that. Just like Dupain-Cheng" Chloe shouted, clearly angered that he kept defending the new girl. Adrien's glare intensified, surprising Chloe and cutting her off just as Alya stood up.

"Oh, don't compare her to Marinette! She's kind, sweet, and trustworthy! Unlike Annalise!" Alya's voice was sharp, and a few others nodded in agreement. Chloe looked visibly more angered at Alya's comment.

"Oh, shut up, four eyes! Not only are you a hypocrite, but you also have double standards and are completely naive!" Chloe retorted, rolling her eyes. Alya infuriated, was about to confront Chloe physically when Adrien slammed the table with a force that echoed through the whole room.

"That's it, enough!!" Adrien's voice was loud and commanding, silencing the entire cafeteria. He turned back to Alya and Marinette, his eyes burning with anger. "Answer me, Alya, Marinette! How could you do that? I get that it's hard to believe because it's not publicly announced, but didn't you at least think there might be a reason? Do you think anyone in their right mind would use the Von Nacht name for fun and lies? Anyone who does that could face serious consequences, even imprisonment. So why isn't she?"

His words hung in the air, filled with raw emotion. He continued, his voice shaking slightly with the intensity of his feelings. "I, myself, saw how caring her brothers are, the Golden Brothers of the Von Nacht family. They wouldn't show that kind of love and protection if she was lying. Besides, Annalise doesn't need to prove herself to you or anyone else. All of you should know better than to judge so quickly and harshly."

Adrien's eyes scanned the faces of his friends, his disappointment palpable. Marinette and Alya were stunned, their previous confidence now replaced with shock and defensiveness. In their heads, they convinced themselves they did nothing wrong, that their skepticism was justified. Chloe, however, felt a pang of genuine guilt. She crossed her arms, still fuming but silent under Adrien's fierce gaze, the weight of his words lingering in her mind.

"Annalise deserves better than this," Adrien concluded, his voice softer but still firm. "And I expected better from all of you."

"Dude, calm down. It's not their fault. The family said it, so it's perfectly justified that Alya and Marinette would think that" Nino said, trying to defend Alya and Marinette. He is also convinced that Annalise might somewhat be lying but he doesn't feel that much about it. Adrien stared at him in disbelief.