7| Late First Day

"Talking"
"Talking in Another Language"
'Thinking'
*Talking on the Phone*

"Talking""Talking in Another Language" 'Thinking'*Talking on the Phone*

Fire and smoke filled Annalise's senses, making it hard for her to see or breathe. The pain was everywhere, sharp and burning as if her entire body was one big bruise.

Even though she was scared, dizzy, and hurting all over, with smoke filling her lungs and blood pooling around her, she kept calling out to them. Her voice was raw and hoarse, but she didn't stop.

Tears ran down her face, but the fire was so hot that they dried up almost immediately, leaving her skin feeling tight and salty.

Every breath was a struggle, each gasp bringing more smoke into her lungs. It felt like hours, but Annalise kept calling, hoping they would hear her, even as the fire roared around her, making everything hotter and scarier.

Her tears never ceased, but the flames were so intense that they evaporated before they could even roll off her cheeks. Despite everything—the fear, the pain, the dizziness, the choking smoke—she couldn't stop calling out, hoping that they would hear her and come.

 Despite everything—the fear, the pain, the dizziness, the choking smoke—she couldn't stop calling out, hoping that they would hear her and come

"...-na!! Anna!! Wake up!!" 

At the sound of her brothers' voices, her eyes snapped open letting her tears soak her pillow. Her shaking blue eyes scanned her surroundings and once she recognized her room and her brothers, who were all surrounding her, she finally began to calm down.

That is when she noticed her heart was palpitating and she was hyperventilating. After a while, she finally turned to her worried brothers, a shaky smile plastered on her face. As she was about to ask why they seemed very worried, William sat beside her and hugged her before he spoke up.

"We're sorry, Annalise... I know how much it affected us but we know it affected you much more... I'm sorry!" William said, and despite not seeing his face or any of her brothers, she knew and felt how guilty they were by how their voices shook and cracked as they began to apologize.