Prologue

There was something about this place. Hybern. It was almost devoid of life with its bone-colored walls and cold temperature. It made Selene's skin crawl.
But she was here with her brothers, her mate, her cousin, and, of course, one of her closest friends.

Their mission was going smoothly. Until Jurian showed up and shot Azriel with an ash arrow tipped in faebane. Then, everything descended into pure chaos. The King of Hybern forced them to follow him. Selene thought he looked almost human, if not for the cold cruelty on his face.

There, in his throne room, he revealed a secret that would forever change things. The High Lord of the Spring Court and his emissary, the seventh son of the High Lord of the Autumn Court, struck a deal with him. They wanted Feyre back, Jurian wanted Rhysand dead.

But the chaos did not stop there. The human queens wanted to be changed into Fae and what better way than to use the Cauldron. They needed to test it so naturally, they used Feyre's sisters, Elain and Nesta. Hybern shoved Elain into the Cauldron first. Shortly after, it was revealed that Lucien was her mate.

Then Nesta was dunked in. When she came out, Selene felt the change. Like a wild animal uncaged. Cassian - despite his shredded wings - twitched towards her. Selene never felt so fucking helpless.

Then, Hybern used the Cauldron to 'break' the mating bond between her brother and Feyre. But it didn't break. In fact, it was only the bargain bond he broke. But Selene knew Feyre's desire to go back to the Spring Court was a ruse.

Because Selene knew, Feyre was the High Lady of the Night Court. And she was going to break the Spring Court from the inside out.