21. He is a traitor

Shubman's pov

"Fuck."
I looked back at Ishan and he looked absolutely terrified. I took his hand in mine and instantly ran inside an empty room to take cover. I checked if my gun was fully loaded and then was about to alert my men, just in case someone hadn't heard the commotion yet, when I spotted Ishan from the corner of my eye. He looked like he was about to have a panic attack.

"Hey! It's okay, it'll be okay. I'm here."
I took his hands in mine and tried to comfort him, even though I myself wasn't so sure if all of us would be getting out of here safe and alive.
"I just need you to snap out of it, can you do that?"
Ishan slowly nodded.
"Good."
I left his hands and started speaking in my ear piece.

As I tried to figure out the areas that were surrounded by the police and the number of officers there were. I sighed when Rahul bhai told me that we were almost completely surrounded, he insisted on coming inside and helping but I denied it, knowing it was better if he stayed outside and watched over the cctv cameras to help us, in here. I then took Ishan's hand and led us both outside the room, slowly leading us to a better hideout.

Ishan pretty much stayed there the whole time, while I figured out how to get out of here, without being caught. I fought off as many of the officers as I could. By now almost all The Spades men had ran away. We had been completely prepared for as many of The Spades men as possible but we had never expected the police to show up. That too on time for the first time, they had always missed us before.

"Guys! There is a small exit at the back of the place. The police probably don't know about it yet, there are a couple of The Spades men that are exiting from there, as of now."
Rahul bhaiya informed us.
"Any news on Abd bhai?"
There was a long silence before Rohit bhai finally spoke up, a little defeatedly.
"Negative."
"Ok, we should all start looking for-"

"Shub-"
Rahul bhai tried to intercept.
"-him. If we all start looking-"
"Shub! No! We cannot afford to risk all our lives like that."
Rohit bhai said sternly.
"He's right Shub, we will rescue him maybe some other time. It won't be long until the police discover about the exit."
Rahul bhaiya tried to explain to us in a soft tone.

"Wait- where did Virat go? FUCK."
Rohit bhaiya said in a little panic, before the line went completely silent.
"Hello? Where did Virat bhai go? Hello? Rohit bhai!?"
But no answer came. I had successfully freaked out till that point, but to make things worse Rahul bhaiya spoke up.
"You guys need to get out of there right now!"
"Bhai I have to find them-"

"No! It's an order. I'm in charge now."
"I'm your boss bhai, don't forget that."
I said angrily clenching my teeth. I knew Rahul bhai only wanted all of our safety but I couldn't leave anyone behind.
"Ok then fire me later. I. don't. care. Right now I'm in charge."
Rahul bhai said with such finality that I couldn't argue with him anymore.

"OUT! Everyone."
I heard everybody mumbling a few responses of how they were close to the exit or were making their way towards it and I stood glued at my spot.
"Everyone's out Shubman. Where are you?"
But I didn't reply, I was about to ignore him and make my way further into the place and look for Ro, Vi and Ab bhai, but when I turned around, I froze in my spot.

I was being held at gun point. Someone was holding a gun to my head and that someone was no stranger. It was the person I had fallen in love with. That someone was the person that I had fallen so hard for, that it was safe to say, that I had started loving him the most in this world, more than myself. I looked at him with tears in my eyes and before I could stop the tears, a few betrayed me and escaped my eyes.

There I was standing, looking the most miserable I've ever looked in my entire life, in front of someone who was holding a gun to my head.
"Ish- Ishan"
I choked out and looked at him with wide eyes, filled with betrayal. I couldn't believe it.
"I'm sorry Shub"
He said sounding absolutely heartbroken and if not for the fact that he had betrayed me and was holding a gun to my head, I would've probably hated the expressions on his face right now.

He looked like a guilty hurt puppy and all I wanted to do was to not look at his face anymore. I concluded it was because of hatred, but I knew I was deluding myself. The real reason for not wanting to look at his face anymore was because I knew that if I looked at the hurt expression and the tears on his face for a second longer I would've melted and forgiven him and I couldn't. I couldn't and I wouldn't forgive him and so with that thought I turned around.

I felt his gun touch the back of my head and he pushed it slightly, urging me to move forward and I had no choice but to do it. He had finally stopped in front of the small exit and despite myself, I looked back at him. I wanted to be angry, I wanted to snatch the gun out of his hands and shoot him with it, but who was I kidding I knew I couldn't even push him away, let alone kill him.
"Why?"
I asked him feeling defeated.

He looked at me devastated with tears in his eyes, but then soon covered his expressions putting on a poker face.
"It's my job."
The both of us stared at each other for a while, I still had tears flowing down my face and a feeling of betrayal burning my insides, while he looked calm now. Eerie calm. No expressions on his face as he raised his gun again and held it against my forehead.

________________________________________

iamaprettywitch0 here's your update as promised.
I know I said I'd update tomorrow but I'm so fast aren't I? hihi.