26. He is kidnapping me?

Ishan's pov

Shubman gave me an evil smirk and I just stood there, my breathing getting heavier, eyes getting teary. He looked almost the same, except his hair was a bit longer and he had bags under his eyes. His clothes were a little disheveled and he looked tired, but not much different.
"What are you doing here?"
Shubman just shrugged but didn't answer.

I felt someone's presence behind me and Shubman instantly raised his gun at the person. I turned around to realize, it was Mayank. I stared at him with wide eyes and before I could say anything, Shubman pulled me back, in a choking manner, but he wasn't putting any pressure. Just holding me in place, while he placed the gun against my temple. Mayank looked scared, as he aimed his gun at Shubman.

I was the most terrified though. I trusted both of them enough to know, they wouldn't shoot me....hopefully. But what I was scared about, was them. Shubman wouldn't hesitate to shoot Mayank, for even a second. Mayank on the other hand would do anything to save me and right now he believed I was in danger. He wouldn't hesitate to shoot Shubman, even if it resulted in him getting shot in return.

"Drop your gun."
Mayank didn't listen to him though. Shubman pointed his gun towards Mayank.
"I forgot, killing me is more important for you guys. You wouldn't mind if I killed Ishan, because it would just be a 'sacrifice'. So I'm going to threaten you instead. I'm sure you value your own life."
Mayank's grip on his gun tightened, looking more determined.

I turned my head a little to watch Shubman's expression turning amused, as he raised his eyebrow. Shubman turned his gun back to my head.
"If you don't drop the gun, I'll shoot him."
This time, hesitantly, Mayank lowered the gun to the ground slowly and Shubman looked at him surprised and I did too. Damn, this dumb bitch really just chose my life, over his own.

"I'm going to spare your life, only if you don't try anything dumb."
Saying that Shubman started making his way out of the room, dragging me along slowly, while still holding me in the same position, with a gun against my head. Mayank was about to pick his gun up but I shook my head a little, hinting him to stop. Shubman would kill him if he tried anything. It was useless honestly.

Mayank looked at me worriedly and I mouthed, 'I'll be okay' and he nodded.
When we left the room, Shubman continued to push me forward and I stopped and elbowed him in the stomach making him let go, instantly. I turned around to look at him.
"Ouch!"
He said clutching his stomach, backing away from me a little.
"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."
"But I asked first."
Shubman walked closer to me, covering the distance between us. He stopped right in front of my face, before our lips could touch. My breath hitched and I could feel my heartbeat rising and I closed my eyes on impulse.
"None. of. your. business."
He whispered harshly, before pulling away.

I opened my eyes and I could see the anger in his eyes. But it was overshadowed by the hurt, clearly present there. I wanted to apologize, to hug him, to touch him, but I stood rooted to my spot, unable to do anything.
"Rish!"
I turned around to spot Rishabh standing behind me, looking at me with wide eyes.

"You're here! Good. Grab him and put him in the van."
Shubman said looking at Rish with a smile on his face.
"What? What are you doing Shubman-"
"Come on. Chop chop!"
Shubman urged Rishabh and Rishabh and I both looked at Shubman giving him a confused expression. Shubman raised his eyebrows and Rishabh hesitantly grabbed me.

"Tie his hands."
"Don't do this-"
I tried to plead, but to no avail.
"I don't walk around with rope in my pocket! How the fuck am I supposed to tie his hands!?"
"Then point a gun at his head or something. Just make sure he doesn't run away!"
Saying that Shubman started to walk away.

"Shubman SHUBMAN-"
I whisper yelled, but Shubman had already walked away.
"This isn't going to do you any good. Just let me go."
I tried to reason with Rishabh, but he ignored me completely. He pointed the gun he had in his hand, to my head and pushed me to walk.
"Iski koi zarurat nahi hai. I won't run away, you know?"

I said gesturing towards the gun with my eyes.
"Orders."
Is all he said, before continuing to push me towards the van. I nodded in understanding, Shubman was stubborn that way. He would probably freak out if I ran away, which I would the minute Rishabh lowered his gun, probably. I don't know if I should've been happy or sad by this 'kidnapping'.

All I knew was that it was messed up. I was a police officer and he was a mafia boss, we weren't meant to be, and this would just make everything more difficult and complicated. I had gone back to my life and he had gone back to his. We had both gone our separate ways already, than why was he trying to mess everything up?
Despite the fact that I was utterly miserable without them, everything was atleast normal.

I was shoved into the van, but not harshly. Rishabh sat across me and dropped the gun beside him. He started scrolling on his phone and I tried to open the door to run away. However, the door was locked, and the sound had made Rishabh look up from his phone. He narrowed his eyes and gave me an 'are you serious?' look, looking absolutely done with my bullshit. He went back to scrolling his phone and my only option now, was his gun.

I picked up the gun and aimed it at him.
"Open the door or I'll shoot you."
Rishabh looked at me with a murderous gaze.
"Go ahead. Shoot me."
He raised his eyebrow, as if daring me to do it. I sighed and threw the gun at him, which he swiftly caught.
"Can't you just let me go?"
"No."

________________________________________

Meri book, short and quick se, slow burn, aur ab slow burn se, painfully slow and boring kaise bann gayi 💀