30. He is holding a gun

Ishan's pov

We reached the place of the last mission. It looked abandoned when you watched it from the road but the minute you got close enough, it was easy to tell it was huge. It was very lively, and not in a good way. There were lots of people and I feared how we would face them all. We had a lot of men of our own  but something about attacking someone's territory gave me the creeps. It was their house, they would be prepared to fight.

They would know their way around it better than we ever could. But I trusted us and I was confident that we'd be alright. We sneakily made our way inside.
"Wouldn't they spot us with their CCTV cameras?"
I whispered to Shub, who was, as always, in front of me.
"They don't have cameras."
"Why?"

"Because, if they get caught, they don't want to be handing the evidence of their illegal activities to the police, themselves."
He turned his face to look at me.
"Then why do we have cameras?"
"Because we're smart about it. We don't have them in places we discuss, said illegal activities...now can we please focus!?"
I nodded.

"Thank you!!"
He looked back ahead, but I didn't let that go. I didn't like his attitude and he would be sure to hear about it from me later, but I decided to let it go for now. We made our way inside and there were gunshots and all that. I tried not to pay much attention to the killings and looked around to keep checking whoever was in my sight was safe and alive.

Since we had pretty much covered the area from all sides, they were unable to runaway. The Spades were falling apart right in front of my eyes, but we still had yet to get the leader.
"He isn't dead!"
I said when I saw someone moving, even after Shub had shot him.
"I know."
"So, kill him!?"
"No."

Just then I heard the door being kicked down and some men storming in. Shub took me to hide behind a wall. At first I thought it was The Spades' men's back ups. But when I realized it was the police, I stared back at Shub with widened eyes. Oh fuck. Not again. Shub looked calm and composed though. As if he had calculated all possibilities before doing this and that he was ready for everything.

Well let's hope so...
"What are we going to do now?"
"Just as we planned."
"Shub, don't be stupid-"
"Just trust me."
I nodded, with lots of sighing, might I add. Because whenever he wanted me to leave him alone or not question him, he would do this and it didn't sit well with me. But I couldn't do anything about it.

He told all of our men to start leaving one by one, without causing any suspicions. Shub and I stood there, behind the wall and I just stared at him, the whole time. More like glared, but we ain't going to talk about that. He finally caught me staring (glaring) and he took a hold of my hand and we both left our hiding spot.
"Our work here is done, let's just leave quietly."

We started making our exit quietly, I wondered if Mayank was here along with the others, but I instantly dropped that thought. I didn't want to trouble Mayank or The Aces, by meeting him. We had almost made it through the exit when we were surrounded by a couple men. Police officers. Holding a gun to our heads. I looked towards Shub, but his complete focus was on the officers in front of us. I recognized them.

They were young and new to the squad. I didn't want them to get killed. They were too young and innocent. I was pretty close to one of them, Yashasvi or Yash as I called him. It was very likely they didn't recognize Shub and I though, since we were wearing masks.
"Remove your mask."
He whispered.
"Why?"
"Just trust me."

I glared at him. I swear to God, if I heard that from him one more time I'd probably murder him. I, trusting him however, removed my mask. Yash instantly lowered his gun, spotting me. However, the others remained on guard. Before I could utter a word to them, I felt something cold placed against my temple. I realized it was a gun and the person holding it against my head was none other than Shub.

I felt... I don't know exactly what I felt. All I could tell was, the person you love, holding a gun to your head, is something I hope people never got to experience. I realized how Shub must've felt when I did the same to him, despite me doing it for his safety.
Yash instantly made the others lower their guns and Shub started backing away from the house along with me.

When we finally made it to our car, Shub made sure we started driving off before he lowered the gun. For a few seconds, I didn't say anything but then I just burst.
"HOW DARE YOU POINT A GUN AT ME?"
I shoved him, hard and the car almost lost control.
Hypocritical, I know.

But my thoughts weren't being rational, when I was literally held at gun point by this stupid asshole. He halted the car, when he made sure it was safe and far away from the place, where we couldn't be caught. He turned towards me.
"Look, I'm sorry-"
"Shove that sorry up your ass."
"It's not like you didn't do the same to me-"
"This is not the time!"

I said angrily and he instantly shut his mouth. Atleast he was smart enough to know when to shut up.
"You've been showing me an attitude and I don't appreciate it."
"Look I just-"
"I will seriously kick your ass-"
I wasn't letting him speak and continued ranting. I could tell he was getting frustrated, but I didn't care.

Shub tried to speak multiple times before he finally got tired and picked up the gun and place it against his forehead and pulled the trigger.

________________________________________

Yall would've murdered me if I left it at this cliffhanger. So I took my time and will post a double update. Aren't I awesome?