Chapter 3

Hot shot was in Cook Children's hospital. He had just found out that he had a brain tumor. The tests show the brain tumor is a type of brain cancer called Choroid plexus carcinoma. Hot shot is going to need a lot of treatment in order to get better. Hot shot was bit worried and having a rough time sleeping. After just finding out he has a terrible disease it pretty rough. Hot shot is very scared and confused. He doesn't know what to say or think. He is worried what is going to happen. He is worried what it will be like to go through treatment. He was very worried about if he was going to be okay or not. He was wondering if the family knew about this.

Heatwave and Quickshadow had both called the family and family friends. They told them about Hot shot's diagnosis. They were in shock about this and were very worried about him. They were surprised too that Hot shot was going to have to go through such tough treatment. They told Heatwave and Quickshadow they were going to be there for them through it all the way.

Quickshadow's coworkers found out and were worried. They knew how hard it was for any parent to have a child with cancer. But for a an oncology nurse to find out it is happening to her own child was bad enough. They were going to be very supportive to Quickshadow and her family.

Heatwave's fellow firefighters found out about it too. They were going to be a big support to them too. They were going to do what they can to help out. That made Heatwave feel the support of his fellow fire fighters.

Quickshadow also got into contact with the pediatric brain tumor foundation. She knew they helped families like hers. They helped the families of kids with brain tumors with support, finical help, research, and special events. It made her feel better that she worked at hospital and was familiar with them. She knew of their work from reading about them and talking about them with her coworkers and with families as part of their care team. She hoped they would get in contact with her soon. She hoped that everything was going to be just fine.

Hot shot was trying his best to sleep. But it was hard due to all that had happened in the previous days. He was very scared and worried. He was scared and wondering what was going to happen. He was wondering if the cancer was his fault. So it was kind of scary to think about. He was very scared and worried about things.

Hot shot then felt a pain in his head. "Ouch," Hot shot said. He was awake now and not happy about it. He was wanting to sleep.

"Is your heading hurting?" Quickshadow asked.

"Yes it is," Hot shot said.

"Well that is to be expected you just had brain surgery a few days ago and you still have tumor left and tumors from spreading so that is normal," Quickshadow said.

"I don't like it," Hot shot said.

"I know you don't," Quickshadow said.

Then a nurse came into the room to check on Hot shot. "My head hurts," Hot shot told her.

"Would you like some medicine for your headache?" the nurse asked.

"Yes please," Hot shot said.

"Alright I will get the medicine," the nurse said. The nurse left the room and came back with some medicine a bit later. She poured into a cup. Then handed the cup to Hot shot.

Hot shot took the cup and swallowed the medicine. Then he hand the cup back to the nurse. "Good job," the nurse said.

Then Hot shot was able to go back to sleep after that. Hot shot's sleep was still a bit restless. Hot shot didn't enjoy that too much.

Soon the sun came up. It was rising about the clouds as it's rays shone through them. It's light was coming through the windows of the hospital. The light brightened up the room with warmth. Hot shot woke up and saw the sun was up. "It's morning," Hot shot said stretching.