[11] You're a Hero, Marsh!

The Ador University campus was a hive of activity. Students walked about, rushing between classes or gathering in groups for study sessions. Laughter and chatter filled the air, mingling with the distant sound of footsteps as some students jogged around the campus as part of their conditioning.

The moment Danielle stepped foot inside the building, she was approached by two girls. "Is it true? Did you really fight Minji Kim?" the first girl asked eagerly. The second girl, who was much taller, followed, "I heard that you cut off her hand! Does she still have her hand?"

Danielle was bombarded with nonsense questions left and right and was starting to get on her nerves, her usual polite demeanor being tested. "Yes, she still has both of her hands," she answers before scooting past them as quickly as possible before being joined by Hanni in the hallway. "Everybody's talking about it," Hanni told Danielle. "About what?"

"How you met Minji Kim and live to tell about it." Hanni's words were dripping with a hint of familiarity and knowledge shared only between the two of them. "They're calling you a hero, when really, you're a slut," she insulted. "Shut up."

"A gay slut."

"I'm not gay!" Danielle argued. As much as Danielle adored her friend, she couldn't deny that Hanni had a habit of having a lot to say about others. Hanni always seemed to be the first to chime in and offer her opinion or reaction. I guess it's what made Hanni unique and endearing, but the constant chatter could be a bit overwhelming and obnoxious. "Ms. Joohyun wants to see you," Hanni informs before walking off, leaving Danielle hanging.

"What? Hanni!" 

⋆༺𓆩𝕯.𝕰.𝕭.𝕾𓆪༻⋆

Danielle followed Hanni into an unused classroom, her eyes landing on the TV in front of them. Her heart dropped as she saw the screen displaying what seemed to be a presentation. The first slide had a picture of her and a picture of Minji, with text that read: KIM ENGAGEMENT: MINJI & DANIELLE GET TOGETHER. She couldn't believe it, could this be the end? Did Hanni snitch on her?

Relief washed over Dani as it switched over to another slide, this time saying: DANIELLE LIVES: DANIELLE SURVIVES ENCOUNTER. Although, she was still confused about the entire situation. 

"What's going on?" Haerin and Hyein greeted Danielle with wide grins as she approached them. Danielle could instantly tell that they were the ones responsible for creating the gaudy PowerPoint presentation, which had cheesy transitions and poorly executed animations. Each slide was a riot of color, with Haerin and Hyein's favorite colors, purple and green, making the display look like a child's arts and crafts project. Despite the obvious lack of design skills, Danielle couldn't help but chuckle at the effort her friends had put in.

"Ms. Joohyun!" Hyein bounced excitedly. "She's coming down," Haerin said with the same level of excitement. Danielle blinked in surprise, "Here? Why? She never comes down here."

Just then, Ms. Joohyun arrives along with three other people, one of them being Mr. Park. Haerin was the first to step forward, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. She was the most passionate and dedicated member of the D.E.B.S., and she was eager to make a positive impression on Ms. Joohyun in hopes to finally earn recognition for her leadership and commitment to her role as a spy. "Ms. Joohyun, I would just like to say–"

"Who are you?" Ms. Joohyun questioned, expressing little to no interest to the girl in front of her. "Haerin Kang," Haerin introduced herself. "Well, Haerin Kang, my time is precious. You're wasting it." Ms. Joohyun feigned a laugh, trying to make her harshness seem comical but failing miserably as Haerin's smile fell. "Where's the girl?" The head asked, scanning the room. It was clear that Ms. Joohyun's interest was in someone else. And sadly for Haerin, it wasn't her. "Marsh comma Danielle?" a woman called, most likely Ms. Joohyun's assistant.