Prologue

ANASTASIA

It was November 16 2016, me and my parents were out to visit my grandma from across the city. I was just 9 years old at the time, my little sister was just 7 years old. The radio from the car was playing my favourite song, I was humming it. I was showing Alice my notebook, my unicorn drawing when the worst panic surges through my body, the one you get when you know something bad will happen. Yeah, that one. It was so strong that I could practically taste it.
It all happened so fast, the next thing I knew, there was blood, body, and blood. Everywhere. My mam and pa is laying on the ground, their hands intertwined.
I tried my best to stand up without swaying left to right, my vision was blurry and I started panicking. Alice. "Alice!" I shout, tears falling down my cheeks, I go to ma and pa and tried to shake them, but they won't wake up. "Mam, pa please!" I was young, too young to understand what was happening.

It was still fresh in my memory, it was like it happened yesterday, whenever I think of it, I just want to forget everything and come back from being 7 years old, with my Alice, who would be 5 years old at that time.

"Anastasia!" Bellamy, my adoptive mothers familiar voice is heard from the other side of my door.

"Yes, mom! I'm coming just give me a second!" Bellamy and Andrew adopted me just right after the incident.

I do a double check on my tall mirror, my gray school jumper with it's school logo on the top right, and underneath was my white dress shirt and my red tie, and a pleated skirt to top with. Unlike other girls in my class, I was wearing an eye-glass. Ever since I was a child, my vision has always been blurry and I can't see without my glasses.

I grabbed my phone, stuffing it in the pocket of my skirt as I held the straps of my bag. Before I had the chance to twist the doorknob, the door flew open, revealing Bellamy still wearing her apron. "Oh, wonderful. Go on, Paps waiting for you in the car."

I nodded my head and flashed her a smile, doing a quick spin around before kissing her cheek and striding to the hall, "You look great, hun!" She shouts, shaking her head joyfully.
_________________________________________________