Chapter 21 - Cinema & CAS

JULIAN

At exactly 2 PM, I pulled into her house and sent her a quick text telling her I'm here. My father allowed me to borrow his BMW for today, which is no issue since it's his day off. My mother was practically jumping up and down the moment she figured out that I was asking someone out, and not just someone, Anastasia. They said it was a miracle because I never asked someone out in my teenage days, unless it was my guy friends.

Someone knocked on my window and I jolted consciously, I glanced up and saw it was Anastasia, she was wearing a white top and flared jeans I presume. I smiled and she smiled back.

She opened the door to the passenger seat and sat down, she was also carrying this white small purse that I'm sure can only fit a thing or two.

"You look beautiful," I said, unable to hold my thoughts and she looked at me with those beautiful doe eyes. "Thank you, and you look handsome." She responded, giving me a wink. "Thanks," And I revived the engine. I was just wearing a simple white t-shirt and a gray sweater, and trousers.

The drive was silent, not one of us spoke, but at least it wasn't awkward. "Do you want me to turn on some music?" I asked her and she nodded her head. "What do you like? Taylor swift, or something?" I added, the traffic stalling and gave me time to pair up my phone with the car stereo. "I'd probably say cigarettes after sex or billie eilish, but mac demarco will do fine."

I smiled and nodded my head as I played one of the albums of Mac Demarco, 'This Old Dog', and it landed on 'Moonlight on the River'.

The road came into view and a lot of questions came into my mind, so I decided to ask her something to keep her entertained. "How well do you know about cigarettes after sex?" I asked her and I felt her eyes on me. "I love them, some people say their songs sound all the same, which is true but they have their own meanings." She says, I can practically hear her smile in her voice.

"Tell me your favourite songs," I challenged her, keeping my eyes on the road. "I have a lot, John Wayne, Neon moon, Tejano blue, Flash, and more. But really, no music can top 'John wayne'." She responded and I chuckled.

"You're a huge fan, aren't you?" I teased her and she shrugged her shoulders. "You can say that."

A few moments passed and we finally reached the mall and I pulled over the parking lot. I unbuckled my seatbelt, opening the car door and slamming it shut on my way, walking towards the passenger door and opening it for her. I watched as she stepped out, her purse hanging on her shoulders. "Thank you," She said and walked around me as I slammed the passenger door shut. "You're welcome."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We got into the cinema, I brought us a bucket of popcorn and two coke.

When the movie was finished, the time was 3:35 PM. The movie was great, I'd probably give it a 9/10 rating. "Come on," I said to Ana and I stood up from the cinema seat, she ditto.

I threw our litter in a nearby trash and watched as she does too. "Where do you want to go next?" I asked her and she smiled at me. "How about...photo booth?" She suggested, her eyes gleaming with excitement and I nodded my head and we started walking towards the way to the photo booth, her just tugging on the hem of my sweater.
_________________________________________________