Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Summer POV

Roman wrung the warm water out of the white handkerchief and wiped it on my nose. She had just finished cleaning up the blood and was caring for my wounds. Once the incredible amount of blood had subsided, it wasn't such a significant impact, and I was even more devastated that Saab died as a result of a minor hit on my face.

"Roman, what did you—?"

"Roman?" she muttered. I rolled my eyes.

"Daddy, what did you and Rajay speak about?" I observed them from the window till they shook hands and embraced. Roman had never been so close to someone before.

"Nothing,"

"Tell me,"

"It's just business."

"I don't want him working for you." I mumbled, grabbing the handkerchief from her and tending to my own wounds. I attempted to get off of her lap, but she held me down with a growl.

"He detailed his stupid life, and I felt bad for him." She declared and attempted to take the cloth from me, but I smacked her hand away. She glared.

"Give it to me."

I let out a sigh and placed the cloth on her chest, which she picked up and dipped into the hot peppermint water. This remedy was doing wonders for my nose. I felt no discomfort and saw no swelling.

"Don't let him work for you. "If he makes a mistake, you'll murder him."

"That's why he should avoid making mistakes."

"You are just a monster." I sighed.

"Why do you care about this kid so much?"

"He is a friend. I'm meant to care, but you won't know since you don't have any friends."

"Business does not come with friends, Summer. It comes with being professional around everyone." She grabbed my chin and examined my face thoroughly. She leaned forward and kissed the tip of my nose.

"Well, your nose looks great."

"It is,"

"I will get you dressed." She remarked, I could feel the stinging cold on my body as she slowly pulled me off her lap.

"For what?"

"The Country Club." She made her way to the closet door, swung it open, and showed me my well folded and hung clothing.

"Really? You want me with those boring snobs."

"Those snobs won't hit you in the nose and damage your appearance."

"I am not going?" I folded my arms across my chest.

She turned to face me. "I doubt you want me to slap you, and have you crying again."

I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being a brat!" Muttering under her breath, she turned, facing the opened closet. Her fingers started to dig through the garments. Whenever she didn't like a choice of attire, she would occasionally shake her head.

With a bewildered expression, I gazed at her back. Since when did I grow up to allow another adult choose my outfit?

"Ah, yeah." She grumbled and whirled around, revealing a black and white patterned dress. It looks stunning. It was sleeveless, and the hem resembled a tiny ballerina dress.

"I want you to wear it."

"Sure."

"With your white and black bows."

I looked over at my dresser, which was covered with bows and ribbons. I despise them. They made me appear childish. She said it made me appear feminine and innocent.

"I don't want to."

"You will," She gritted.

I huffed, stood up, and grabbed the garment from her hands. "I'll see you downstairs." She said.

I was shocked she didn't remain to see me get dressed.

"That's if I don't tumble out the window."

"You fell out of that window, and I revived you before killing you for it." She tenderly grasped my cheeks. She was quite gentle with me. She pecked my temple.

"I'll see you down stairs."