Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Roman Zaborowski POV

I tore the leaflet, which was haphazardly attached to the wall, and dumped it right beyond the monitor. I groaned and sat down at a random officer's desk. My fingertips came in contact with a key, on the keyboard, making the screen come to life.

"You can't simply come in here and get on the federal database."

"Why do I need a database? When I can just demand it. Do you think so negatively of me, love?" I looked up at Sandy, my eyes drawn to the snug pants that created the curvature of her crotch.

"Why are you here?" She asked, turning to the side. I motioned for her to turn back around. "You're only here because you desire something. Mr. Commander is not here."

"I don't need him. He called to come pick up, Summer."

She rolled her eyes. She then nodded and ran a finger over the straight route in her pale ice blonde hair, which ends in a tight bun that fits her cap. "She should grow up."

"I agree."

"But you won't let her grow up."

"I don't want her to leave the nest quite yet. I'm going to cling onto her for a bit longer."

"Why?"

"I want to."

Without a doubt, my stepdaughter was mine. She is mine to have. Mine to play with. She's my girl. And will always be. My fingertips travel along the opening of my Tom Ford black suit.

"She'll grow into her shell in time."

I could feel her gaze moving across my body. I grinned and, without looking up, added, "Are you going to make me fuck you later tonight?"

"Roman, this is a place for professionals."

"And criminals, it doesn't get more professional than that, love." I explained. I've been in the Mafia since I could see, and I assumed it had been much longer. It was in my genetics; I couldn't be anything else but a damn Mafia member; even if I was adopted into another family, I would eventually return to the mafia.

When I saw Summer making her way from the rear, I knew it was time to depart. I clasped Sandy's arms. "I want you in my bed around six."

"I have paperwork." She spoke, tilting her head to the side.

"I'll give you rank and push a few words for you to the higher-ups."

"The Commander?" She inquired with curiosity. She seemed to be more motivated to get into my bed around 6 p.m. I spoke every language; it was a way of life. She ran one finger through the route of her hair. Sandy was stunning, with her sandy brown eyes. I find her fairly unusual, not as much as Summer, but enough to solve my bedroom difficulties.

I grinned as she slowly nodded. With great enthusiasm, she inquired once more about my plans to elevate her police rank. "The Commander?"

"I move higher than the commander."

She cleared her throat, gazing at Summer and the cop who was steadily approaching us. "I suppose I could push the paperwork to the side."

I smirked. See! Speaking any language allows me to get whatever I want, whenever I want. I've done several things for Sandy.

"Are you certain?" She averted her gaze once more, and I observed her uncertainty contorting within her mind akin to a rotating wheel. I yanked her head to me, snarled, and grabbed her chin, my grey eyes penetrating hers, she whimpered.