Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Summer POV

"I'm feeling a bit unwell; might I perhaps be excused?" I inquired respectfully of Roman. I felt her hand move from her thighs. Throughout the supper, her hand was there, and I felt a variety of feelings rush through me; now her hand has vanished, and the summersaults in my stomach have tripled.

I looked down and saw her thumb gently caressing a portion of my stomach. The level of vulnerability has returned to its previous high.

"Is it here? When her voice murmured like that, it was deep like the ocean and sent a fluttering wave through my entire body.

"Yes. I want to go lie down." I said. I just wanted to take a vacation from her lifestyle for a moment.

"Do you want to stay in my room till I get up?"

I nodded. I know I wanted to go away from her lifestyle, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy her aroma. Her suggestion of her room was the cherry on top.

"Too bad you can't stay for dessert."

"It is okay." I wasn't stuffed, but my goner hunger made me feel stuffed to the brim, and dessert would be sinful. I stood, and she took my hand. I sighed and moved down to kiss her lips.

"Be a good girl till I come up."

"Mhmm."

I hadn't gone far down the corridor when I heard Rajay's slightly yelled whisper.

I turned to see him, tiptoeing, whistling, gazing behind him. When he reached up to me, he wrapped his fingers around my waist and pushed his tongue down my neck, letting his air escape out on my nose. He smells like stake and wine, the worst combo ever. This was one of the worst kisses, alongside the other. He can't kiss either to save his life or help God on the cross.

I pushed him aside and softly whacked him across the face. He clutched it, staring at me in bewilderment.

"What was that for?"

"Everything." I growled, trying not to raised alarms on him. "Don't come here and kiss me, like if we are well. We aren't?" I stabbed at his chest with my fingertips.

I tried to raise my voice, but I couldn't.

"Please, Summer baby. I want the money."

"You killed your cousin. Saab died. Money should be the least of your concerns; you should be concerned that if you do not back out, you will end up like her; at the very least, she will receive a burial, but you will not. You'll be fed to the dogs."

"I won't fuck up. As long as I pleased her."

I looked down at his hands, which were holding onto me. "If you want to pleasure her, your hand touching mine will be her biggest turn-off." Despite my efforts, he did not move a muscle to give me some room.

"Please, Summer, look in my shoes. Just a glance. I am suffering. I have nothing, and this is all. This is the big break, as they put it. This is the tunnel's light."

"Please leave while you can. I can offer you at least four hundred thousand bucks. You can live the life. Heck, we can even flee and live in that one-bedroom hut near the Everglades in Florida, surrounded by nature and sunlight, have children, and live happily ever after."

I was ready to throw my whoring hormones for Roman out the way and imagine a joyful existence in which Rajay was alive and well.

"But if I stay here, I can make twice as much as you have. Just owning that cabin and maintaining the cabin has already blown the money away."

"At least we're alive."

"And poor. It would have been better if we had died."

In frustration, I hit him across the face again. "I love you; please do not do this, Jay." I batted my eyelids, thinking that my innocent act would succeed. Welp! It did not.

"Please, let me do this for a year, and then we can run away."

"You will not live for a year."

"I will; by the time you blink, it will be a year. Just let me earn some money so I can take care of you."

I exhaled.

He leaned me against the wall, his hot yet comfortable breath on me. I rolled my eyes, not enjoying the following words that came out of my mouth, but I decided I could deal with it. "Only for a year, then you leap out and we go away."

"Yes." He joyfully pumped his fist in the air before pulling me into a kiss. I swiftly kissed him back before pushing him away. "I'll be sure to make enough and then leave. I promise."

"Yes. Now go before she sees you."