Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Summer POV

There were places I belonged, places I didn't belong, and places I genuinely, unequivocally did not belong, one of which was the country club. I named it Rich People's Paradise. Where everything is money and screams money, even the laughs sound wealthy.

"I want you to blend in."

Roman was asking a lot of me. How can I fit in? "I'll be over at the table, talking some business; don't go away?"

She cautioned me against fleeing more times than I could recall, yet I would be wealthy if I were to get money for each warning. When I didn't receive what I wanted, I threatened to leave.

Running away from her was in the works; originally, it would be my and Rajay's intentions, but it seems Rajay had other ideas.

Since I returned from the hang out location, he has been calling and I have been ignoring him. I simply couldn't talk to him right now. He killed his cousin, and it appeared he was going to follow Roman about like a tail. Rajay's death was near; he would not live long.

I understand he grew up in the ghetto, but he was not a part of it. The narcotics, the alcohol, the fleeing from the authorities, and the desire to join the Mafia were all staged. He wants to play with the big guys.

Rolling with the big players, such as Roman, has serious implications. His life.

I looked around. We were underneath something like a gazebo, which overlooked the nicely lawned green area. A comfortable chairs lay about, and just up, some men smoked cigars. They were the biggest dogs. Rajay will not be allowed to seat at that table. He could stand next to it and view it, but he will never sit at it.

They were already gazing at Roman and me. I looked up to her. She looks great out together, as always, and her casual attire isn't too casual. She had her hair pulled back and was dressed in khaki slacks and a white shirt that was perfectly tucked in. There's no weapon in sight.

See! You'd never know she was a mobster.

I appeared out of place. Sure, there were young females all around, but they looked incredibly affluent, and no matter what designers I was wearing, I didn't feel rich.

"There is no one here to talk to."

"Even great. Talk to yourself." Roman said.

I gritted. "What are you taking me for?" I whacked her chest repeatedly until she gripped it tightly.

"You're not going back to that building simply to have some bitch damage your face."

"We were only playing."

"You're 21; you shouldn't be playing." She whispered.

"You want something to play with? Go play an instrument. Now, go and interact. I have some business to discuss." She pecked my forehead, despite my protests about her touching me.

I let out a huff as I looked around. Every female just gives off that cruel girl vibe, or maybe they swallowed dick, but no one knows. Gosh. I stood there, unable to move one inch. Perhaps I might take this opportunity to call Rajay and say a few unpleasant things to him.

I simply didn't want to stand here in the openness, with everyone staring at me as if I were naked. I turned back to Roman, who was already looking at me.

She motioned for me to run along with both of her hands. I rolled my eyes and stayed put. But after a second, when I could almost hear his demands in the back of my mind, I chose to stomp off.