Chapter 18/19

Chapter 18

Summer POV

The first thing I did after waking up from my little snooze was contact Virginia and apologize for everything. Nonetheless, our talk didn't go well when she said she was serious about giving stripping a go.

I expressed my opinions to her. I've never seen her become half nude before a man and shake her scrawny ass. Though it would entail working in a supermarket for meager wages, I've always imagined us living in a violent, crime-free community on Florida.

Why do all of the occupations that essentially involve sacrificing your soul, pride, dignity, and life pay so well? Being here with a Mafia, her flow of money was almost drowning.

I stepped out to the backyard. I noticed Roman around a table with a handful of men. with a cigar in their mouths and concentrate on the game that was in front of them. I wanted to help Virginia. I truly do. The club's nightlife simply did not suit her personality.

I stood off on the side, watching everyone become caught up in the game. I nearly felt horrible since I was about to take Roman away. She owes me a date to my mother's grave and a long talk.

She wants us to connect. Perhaps we might connect before we arrive to the cottage in the next several days.

I cleared my throat as loudly as I could, but not a single head lifted. I deduced that it was a game of poker because of the chips in the center, the card being held, and the money on the side.

These were not her guards, but folks I had never seen before. She moved about the fat butt of the cigar in her mouth before puffing on it, causing a dense fog to surround the entire table. I rolled my eyes. I then put my palm out and clapped loudly, and everyone's heads shot up, I gained a number of furious growls.

"This harlot..." A rough voice appeared.

I cocked an eyebrow and glanced to Roman, who was already gazing at the man.

His looks suggested that he belonged to the higher class. He wore a suit and the way he professionally held onto the buttock of the cigar.

"Who is this?" He nodded at me.

"Mine." Roman quietly stated. I swallowed. Her clam represents anarchy and the inability of anybody to intervene. She gingerly laid her poker chip down before placing her card just in the center.

"The game is forfeit."

"What?" he shouted.

"This is big money!"

"I'll offer you a chance to win it back down at the casino, plus a stay at the hotel and double of your winnings." Roman explained. This, however, did not float the man's boat, and he sneered at me, pointing his finger at me.

I jerked away, distraught.

"Summer, do not move." Roman snarled. "Stay right there."

"Go home." Her gesture is directed at the males seated at the table. They all nodded, waiting for the man.

"I came here to win some money, but because of this bitch, we had to stop playing."

"Henry, take him home; he is intoxicated."

"I'm not drunk!" He shouted as he pushed away the blonde-haired guy named Henry. I believed Roman was giving him a chance since he seemed like a guy of some status. It would be a shame to let it all go to waste.

She stands up and says, "Bring him home. I deal with it later. She needs me." She remarked as she went towards me.

Her fingers came out and softly brushed my face. She grinned. Her eyes light up when she grins. And for a little moment, she appeared to be an innocent woman who had done nothing wrong.