Chapter 15

Warning: Short chapters

Chapter 15

Roman POV

I scowled at the stubborn girl who refused to comply with my request. I understand she is not a robot or one of my employees, but I would really enjoy it if she worked with me.

She was like a child who struggled to get ready for school. I never recall being one of those kids, nor did I attend school. I was homeschooled. It was probably for the best that I did. I would have slaughtered any kid that breathed on me.

"Get ready, the men have been waiting at the warehouse for an hour now."

"Just go without me; it's that simple. I want to sleep."

"Will you be sleeping all day?" I was requesting of her, to sleep all day. I couldn't tolerate knowing she was out with that boy; I have yet to meet him, but when I do, the wrath that will be heaped upon him will be immense.

I don't want anyone touching her.

"No." She moaned.

"Get dressed."

"Please, I will stay here all day with the maids."

"You promised?" I asked, I could never let my workers, basically begging a girl to stay in the house. They'll probably assume I was weak. Which I was. I was vulnerable to her.

She basically wants me to visit the woman I murdered for her.

I never wanted to see anything related to her mother, including the head of her tombstone. But for Summer, I'm willing to do anything.

"Remember, we'll be visiting your mother's grave site, so you'll have to stay inside." I responded, draping the huge blankets over her petite frame. I wanted her to be comfortable and perhaps go back to sleep. I nestled her up tightly, like a burrito, with only her head visible.

"Stay," I warned.

"I will. Now, go."

I stand there nervously, with the back of my brain screaming for her to join me.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'll simply sleep."

"If you leave this house, Summer, I vow we're not going to the gravesite."

She gave a nod.

*******************

Roman POV

My boots were resting on the rough concrete floor. The warehouse was sweltering, and the stink of manufacture permeated the air.

"Boss, we have a couple more recruiters that wished to join; they arrived last night?"

"We will not be taking on any more. Kill them.

My team's capability was sufficient for my requirements. If someone dies, someone is immediately available to fill the vacancy. Last night, four men died, and four men will be responsible for my cargo until he fails and dies as well.

"Are you certain you don't want to keep them around?"

I turned and stared at the guard.

He fastened his shoes as he realized he had overstepped his limits with such a dumb inquiry.

"For them to live and relay the story of what they witnessed here?" I never tell anyone about my business unless they work for me. I couldn't trust anyone, and I believe this was the result of the Mafia.

"Yes, boss."

"Would you like to join them?"

"No boss."

I grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him into me, swinging my arms over his shoulder. "Then do as you're fucking told, Marvik, and don't question me like that again, boy." I aggressively pat his chest, and he coughs, the wind almost knocked out of him.

I pulled him away, and he tripped but continued towards the chamber where the new recruits were.

As I moved farther, I could hear a couple rounds fired across the building. I proceeded to the location of the fresh recruits under my command.

I signaled for them to follow me to the back of the warehouse, and a couple of my employees joined us.

They all formed a line. It was early in the morning, and the sun made everyone's eyes squint. "Welcome. You've all signed the contract, which takes you to the next phase. You work for me now. You answer to me and these workers; they or I tell you what to do, and you follow through. "Basically, you're my bitch." I explained while staring at the youthful, fresh face.

I recall when I worked for my father. I did not just start as the boss and take control. Working nonstop to get to the table, I was in and out of this same warehouse. The only difference was that they were not going to make it to the table. They will work indefinitely.

"Each of you will be assigned to a different area, such as sales, operations, or even staying here and working as a distributor."

They all nodded, indicating their comprehension. "I hope, no, I know you'll be—"

"Boss." Neval arrived with the phone in his hand.

"What?"

"Summer Walker is on the go."

My nostrils flared, and I scowled at Neval. "What have you just said to me?"

"Ca-carl stated she sneaked out."

"Does Carl have eyes on her?"

"He said he'd lost her."

I chuckled darkly, then drew him in by the collar. I was steaming from my buttocks to my mouth. That girl was going to drive me insane, as would the idiots I hire. "Find her and get her back."

"We cannot find her at all."

"Find her!" I shouted and pushed him away. I turned back to face the workers. "Get the recruiters to work, and everyone check in with me on the process later this week."

"Neval!" I yelled after him just as he stepped outside. "I'll find her myself." I snarled. "Get the car ready."