Chapter 11

Chapter 11
Roman POV

I gazed down at the card in one hand while holding a cigar and a solitary poker chip in the other. Although the game wasn't as genuine as the poker I play at my casino, it was still the greatest way to pass the time while discussing important issues.

"The shipment was late." I spoke incoherently to the four men seated at the table. They were in charge of my numerous drug trafficking operations around the country; they knew a different big guy's, and when I spoke in their language, they spoke the big guy's language.

But lately, they've started slacking on their tasks. I despise slackers. I dislike it when things don't go as planned.

I dislike it when drugs aren't distributed in a way that allows them to be sold on the street. Every second of the 24 hours a day that are given to me, I detest not having money.

"We've ran into some issues. The Russians."

I snarled, clutching the card in my fingers. The Russians should be the least of the issue. They didn't have enough guns, members, cooks, and team to cancel my cargo. The Russian Mafia would control at least 15% of America, whereas I have 85% of the territory.

On my father's incinerated remains, I refused to accept they could do nothing about my shipment. "Are you certain you didn't spend the money?" I inquired, Calabar. He flashed his teeth, the gold gleaming in his mouth.

I hope he realizes I was close to knocking them out and letting them all fall on the table.

"Come on, Roman-uh, we have known each other since we were in diapers-uh. We've been on these streets. The shipments are just late."

"We've been doing business on the sea for years, and it has never been late. I'm four months behind; you know what that implies. I'm four months overdue on supplying the drunkie's drugs and four months behind on getting my fucking money."

"The problem is being repaired." Glazer's rough voice arrived. "We get rid of a handful of the Russians."

"A few?" I did not like the word 'a few'.

"Why not all?"

"That, my boss, would encompass the population, including children and women. Also, just a few guys have caught up."

"Kill them all!"

"Everyone?" Calabar gulped.

"Everyone,"

"Yes, Boss."

"And I want my cargo before the end of this week." I muttered. I turned over to see Summer walking away from the two females and toward the restroom. I set the card down and tossed the poker chip into the middle. I stood up. "I'll be having a dinner tonight for the new recruits, and I'd need your presence later tonight to demonstrate how businesses operate in this setting."

They all gave brief nods. I took off in the direction of the restroom.

I opened the door and flipped the locks.

Summer gave me a brief glance before returning her gaze to the mirror. She adjusted the sleeves of her dress and dragged them down slightly. I walked behind her and wrapped my hand over her waist.

***********

Summer POV

I was just about to contact Rajay when the door opened, revealing Roman. I looked at her briefly before returning to the mirror, adjusting the strap of my dress and dragging it down slightly. My eyes snapped closed, and I instantly melted in her arms, like butter on steaming mash potatoes, as her palm circled my waist.

"I see you've met friends."

"They're not friends. They're just nosy girls who want to know if I'd fuck you or if you'd fuck me. Whatever the case may be."

Her chuckle reverberates against my back. I gazed at her via the mirror. I felt a little too at ease in her hands as she gently massaged my waist.

She gazed back at me. "Would you fuck me?"

God, yeah! But I was thrilled, my face scrunched up and I immediately shook my head. Will I fuck her? The question is: would I let her fuck me? The answer is yes. Would I admit to allowing her to fuck me? The answer is "no."

That would only be my imagination. My nighttime thoughts when I'm having trouble falling asleep.

Her lips slid to my neck and she pecked it. "If the situation were different, I would."

Oh, so she considers me to be her supposed stepdaughter rather than a female she might sleep with. Yikes! That one hurts. I couldn't exhibit it, however. I turned on the faucet to wash my hands. I wasn't sure why I was washing my hands. I was unable to remain still when I was around her. I couldn't keep staring at her for long. I'd probably faint.

"Are you okay?"

"No, I want to go home."

She chuckled at my neck, causing goosebumps to appear on my arms. If I could, I would leap on her.

"I dislike it here."

"At least you weren't hit in the nose." On queue, she turned me around and took my chin, her eyes examining my nose. It was not bloated and did not pain.

I draw her finger back from my chin. "I'm ok." I whispered.

"I'd want you to join me for a sumptuous meal tonight." She stated this while continuously nibbling my lips. I could scarcely answer her. Something was happening to my spirit as I tried to get my brain around her gentle kisses.

All it takes is for me to kiss her back.

Would she kiss me back? she probably would not.

"What is the supper about?" I finally get to ask.

"The newest recruiters."

"Already, you only met them today."

She normally waited a week before starting employment.

"I need them up and going."

"Oh."

This meant that persuading Rajay out of it was nearly difficult. I thought with each passing minute, I was getting closer to losing him.

Who's your favorite character so far?

Rajay?

Roman

Summer 

Write your choice in the comments