𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐬

It did not make sense. He did not understand if the Spirits had cursed him at birth or why they made him an omega firstborn.

Jihoon started to hate himself. He did not despise omegas, on the contrary, he had the same respect for them as alphas and betas. However, towards himself he could only feel rejection.

He did not want to accept it and was grieving an expectation that he had and it was destroyed on the day that should have been the most important for the beginning of his growth and development as a future chief.

He was not an alpha and would also be married to one of the other firstborn boys.

Jihoon raised his head from the desk, for he was in the classroom. He knew that with Jeon he didn't have that compatibility because they were similar. His best option was right before his eyes and he didn't want to accept that either.

It couldn't be one of the younger alphas, like Hansol or Chan. Seokmin was a ray of sunshine that could dazzle him. Mingyu was off the case.

They wouldn't marry him to Seungcheol.

It returned to the same thing: only one could complement him.

Jihoon hoped he was the only one who had noticed. That Kwon Soonyoung was his match and the only one they could marry him to.

But he wouldn't accept it, he couldn't. His pride was greater than anything else. And Soonyoung had already rejected him in the past.

[ ... ]

"You look terrible. You didn't sleep at all last night, did you?"

"No, I spent it perched on a tree branch until I saw the first rays of dawn. I didn't want to come, but my mother made me."

Jeonghan closed his eyes as he lay on his back under a tree that provided shade from him.

"Oh Hannie, you should have slept even a little," said Joshua, leaning against the trunk reading a medical book from his father.

"If I could've, I would've done it, believe me," answered the oldest for a few months.

"You think too much."

"And you don't? It doesn't look like you slept soundly."

Joshua let out a tired sigh.

"I started reading about our gender."

Jeonghan wrinkled his nose, covering his eyes with his forearm. "Ugh, don't remind me, I thought about that all night ad nauseam and I already got dizzy," he said, irritated.

"We have to accept it, Han."

The aforementioned groaned and shook his head.

"Joshuji, you are always so mature."

The younger lowered his eyebrows, getting closer to his friend.

"It's not as bad as it seemed to us at first, we just have to see it from another perspective."

Jeonghan removed his arm from his eyes to look at his friend in disbelief.

"Do you understand that to be chiefs they are going to have to marry us to an alpha and they will also set many limits for us?" He said, with a mortified gesture that he only showed to his friend.

"I don't think that's exactly the reason." Joshua put on a thoughtful expression that his friend knew very well. "I have a theory."

"And which one is that, Joshuji?" Jeonghan propped himself up on his elbows and looked at his friend curiously.