𝟖. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜

Mingyu watched as the elegant car arrived in front of the door of his large house, which was a residential complex with many trusted workers who maintained it.

To get there along the main road there was a tunnel of oak trees that momentarily covered the sky with their branches, it was a beautiful sight and he supposed that the native of the savannah would find that surprising.

He was accompanying his father because he asked him to, although Mingyu couldn't lie to himself: he wanted to see Minghao in his territory.

When the car arrived, the driver got out and opened the door to the back seats for Minghao, who got out at the same time as his bodyguard, a well-meaning man named Jackson.

The cheetah could smell the scent of the wolves everywhere, like that of the earth and the forest, the trees and the moss.

He was dressed in his formal suit because he didn't know how he should present himself, but the head of the Kim Clan was dressed casually as was his son next to him.

Minghao discreetly looked at the latter, who could not stop observing the first-born of the cheetahs, who approached them and Chief Kim welcomed him.

"Minghao, welcome to the Kim Residence, here I will show you what it means to be a serac and I will train you in it."

Minghao bowed his head in respect and gratitude and Chief Kim smiled, a smile that reminded him of his son's, with prominent canines.

For his part, the omega's scent was more evident to Mingyu in that closeness. He again perceived it clearly, the roses bathed in honey. Every time that smell became stronger and the wolf couldn't ignore it. He didn't have to speak, his father had instructed him to simply accompany him to the cheetah's welcome, but he wouldn't be present at Minghao's special training.

The issue of the seracs was between them. In the end it was difficult to understand that role for those who were not. Mingyu never understood it even though his father tried to explain it to him. He just knew that they were special and had a greater spiritual bent than any other shifter.

And Minghao was the serac among them thirteen. That skinny boy who seemed so out of place at that moment, with his golden blond hair with dark streaks, a cream-colored suit and his omega scent.

"You will come with me and I will teach you what you need to know about being a serac." Chief Kim waved his hand and looked at Jackson who nodded, leaving the boy in charge of Kibum.

Minghao advanced towards him and stood in the middle of the adult, while Mingyu moved to the side. The two shared a glance and Mingyu wanted to smile, but he couldn't do it, nor could Minghao.

Once again they were at the mercy of the adults and they only had to follow orders and try to understand their situation.

[ ... ]

Minghao followed Chief Kim around the big house and found it more surprising. There was an oak tree inside a circular room where the top protruded through a glass dome to the outside where the light was pale.

The aroma of the forest surrounded everything, and in that room it was greater. It seemed to be a special sanctuary, that tree was in the center and was fed by a small pond around it.

"Here we will have your training, which will consist mainly of meditating. Do you have experience doing it?" Chief Kim asked.

Minghao nodded. Finally something he was familiar with. "I usually meditate a lot," he responded and the adult smiled. Then he turned to his son. "Thank you, Mingyu, for accompanying us, but for now you can leave," he told him and the brunet felt a little disappointed for some reason, but he nodded at his father and glanced at Minghao, who also looked at him.