𝟗. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

The day of the training arrived. Leaving high school, the 13 boys would have to go to the Attacca Fortress to the areas of training and intellectual formation.

Some were nervous, others felt prepared. Among the first group was Junhui, who had never considered himself sporty although he had surprising agility and had known martial arts since childhood.

The snow leopard was in his classroom wondering what that day would be like. His father had explained to him that after school they would take them to the fortress and they would spend three hours there, training them and testing them in different ways, that he had to be strong and show what he was capable of.

Of course, because in the past the 13 firstborns of each clan had been alphas, therefore they were very equal in terms of physical abilities, but they were not. There were omegas among them and their bodies and abilities differed as human physiology specialized in other aspects. As for their animal side, it was more balanced, but on the sexual and dominant side, omegas were naturally submissive.

Junhui knew biology very well and knew that there would come a point where the training would be almost unfair, how would adults handle it? Would they divide them into alphas and omegas? No, the 13 boys had to train the same, no one could have a disadvantage or advantage.

Regardless, none of them could help it, training was essential for them.

The young man sighed and looked towards the front where they were explaining the cell cycle. At least in intelligence the omegas did not have to worry, there they were all equal and it depended on factors independent of their genders, whether primary or secondary.

Junhui then looked towards where he sensed someone was staring at him. And sure enough, Wonwoo looked over his shoulder at him.

The jaguar could smell something different in the room, a strong scent and strange pheromones that hadn't been there before, and it was coming from behind him... He knew who.

Soonyoung smelled different too, he had already pointed it out. He told him and the tiger let Wonwoo know the same thing, that his scent had become stronger.

But from there, from his seat, he could smell Junhui. The sweetness of vanilla and the freshness of lemon, a strange combination with a very marked softness. That was the scent of an omega.

The boys who had recently been introduced were already beginning to manifest the qualities of their secondary genders. None of them were the exception.

[ ... ]

As they had agreed, the 13 first-born children met at lunchtime to eat together. They had to put two tables together and they were separated from the rest of the students, since they were practically the elite and few approached them, only shifters of the same species.

They sat face to face, the omegas who happened to get along better with each other and the alphas, who were in the same situation.

"So, today is training day" Soonyoung spoke first, poking his spaghetti with his fork to roll the pasta into it.

"Precisely, they want to put us to work," Seungcheol said, letting out a sigh. "They're going to leave us knackered, my dad told me what the training sessions were like for him and he says that the trainers have no mercy."

"Why would they? The chiefs will be the ones who lead this society and they have to be strong and capable in every way," Jeonghan said, gesturing with his spoon. "Although of course" he smiled sarcastically "that's because the chiefs have always been alphas, who can endure anything, right?"

"I think you can do everything like us," Seokmin commented, lowering his eyebrows, looking softly at the omegas, especially at one who looked away when he bumped into him.