𝟏𝟑. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬

When he woke up he didn't remember very well what happened.

"Huh? Where am I?" He said, to sit up with his arms and realize that he was not alone.

Junhui looked next to him and was surprised to see three boys with him, more than anything because of one in particular, because seeing Minghao seemed normal to him and Mingyu didn't give him any feeling that another of his fellows didn't.

"You are in the infirmary of the Attacca Fortress training room, Wonsik basically sedated you and injected you with a poison, you fell unconscious."

The blond looked at his friend with open eyes, remembering that in his leopard form something had stung his back and from one moment to the next, he fainted.

Was it Wonsik...?

"Part of our training, you know, as a motivation to work as a team, which in the end we didn't," Minghao let out a sigh, explaining the situation to his best friend. "He had the antidote and we had to take it from him in his chimpanzee form, but in the end the one who did it was Wonwoo."

Mentioning the latter, Jun's eyes went to him, although the first-born jaguar did not look back.

"If it weren't for Jeon, you would be suffering from the effects of the poison, basically."

It was a lot of information and Junhui put a hand to his cheek, digesting Minghao's explanation, but staying with the last thing he told him.

Had Wonwoo done that? For him...?

"No, no, he probably did it because it was part of the training, Wonwoo is very diligent," he thought, but he looked back at the black-haired boy who finally returned his gaze.

Those eyes were deep and sharp on him, Junhui didn't know how to feel.

But he knew what he had to do. He tilted his head slightly in his direction.

"Thank you, Wonwoo," he said and the boy adjusted his glasses, crossing his arms.

"It was nothing, Junhui," he replied. They both stared at each other and quickly looked away.

"How formal you are..." Minghao said and then put a hand on Jun's shoulder. "So how do you feel?"

"I'm fine, a little dizzy, but fine," Jun said. He was actually a little nauseous, but he guessed that the antidote was still trying to counteract the effects of the poison. Had Wonsik really poisoned him? Would they go that far in their training?

"Well, in that case, let's go change, it won't be long until the bus takes us back, training is over for today. We did terrible except for Wonwoo."

Minghao stood up and Jun took the sheets off of him, settling on the edge of the bed.

The first-born of the cheetahs passed between the two boys and Mingyu walked behind him, but Wonwoo stayed waiting for Junhui, who stood up, although unsteadily because it was true that he felt dizzy.

His body staggered, but hands held him steady on his feet, placed on his waist. Junhui looked forward in surprise and Wonwoo's face was very close to him, because he saved the first-born leopard from falling.

Wonwoo had done it on instinct, so he quickly let go of Jun, his altered expression, that regularly was of ataraxia. The blond simply remained without moving, still feeling the grip of the other boy's hands on his skin.

"Thank you..." he said and the black-haired boy only nodded, waiting for Jun to walk first to follow him, making the gesture with his hand.

Man of few words, few gestures, but many enigmas. That was Wonwoo to Junhui and so much more, but he was afraid to admit it.