𝟏𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬

The cheetah running, kicking up the dust with his fast legs moving in the free and wide savanna, under the hot sun illuminating the acacias.

He couldn't maintain that high speed for long so he reduced it when he saw that the horizon was wide and could extend without stopping, he just wanted to feel the wind on his body and how the world seemed so different when he was running.

Minghao was the fastest cheetah in his clan, even faster than his father, and he had always displayed such skill with pride.

The feline stopped and was already agitated, opening his mouth and his chest moving rapidly. He looked around, that area was free, without houses or buildings. There were animals that were not shifters, only animals and that's it, those that they could hunt. Only among shifters could they make such a distinction, they recognized and respected each other among their own, anything else would be a crime.

But Minghao hadn't gone out hunting, so he ignored the buffaloes that were grazing nearby and sat on his hind legs, catching the sun on his beautiful golden and black-flecked fur. His amber eyes looked skyward, marks that looked like black tears beneath them. He was still agitated, but the adrenaline of running always filled him with a dose of excitement that he wouldn't trade for anything.

That day there was training again after classes and the cheetah took the opportunity to go running in his animal form and enjoy the calm while he had it.

Yesung didn't say anything, but he and his mother did warn him that he had to eat breakfast and not to spend too much time outside. They knew that his son went out running when he didn't want to think.

Indeed, being absorbed in his thoughts was what Minghao wanted the least, he licked his paw and waited to calm down. A new day without knowing what would happen. One more day passed and the changes in his body thanks to his secondary gender were showing little by little.

The cheetah looked again at the open blue sky and thought it was beautiful... But his mental vision returned to the treetops covering everything and a long face in the distance.

A brown-furred wolf on the green grass, staring at him.

The cheetah blinked once and the vision was gone.

"What was that...? That was... Mingyu?"

He couldn't understand what happened, so he decided to return home, running as he always did, at high speed without anything stopping him.

Really hoping nothing could stop him.

[ ... ]

They had not been told anything else about the situation they were in, until that moment they had proceeded as they normally did in each generation. The boys all had their doubts and dismay about it, but their parents did not clarify anything for them.

It had not been decided what the couples would be like so far, but above all it had to do with the fact that they did not yet understand the Council's reasons for why omegas had been born among the firstborn of the clans.

Wonwoo had agonized over these doubts and had investigated everything possible to see a similar situation in the past, but he found nothing like it. That was totally new since they had reached the agreement of the 13 Clans. The line had been altered and there must have been a reason why the Spirits had wanted it that way, but he didn't understand what it was no matter how much he thought about it.

That's why he was very quiet at lunch time where the 13 were again eating together because they agreed on that, apart from the fact that they would have training that day. Wonwoo ate abstractly and listened without paying attention to what Seungcheol was saying, something casual that had nothing to do with their current position as first-borns with great responsibility on their shoulders.