𝟏𝟒. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

He was running through the forest, the brown wolf passing through the trees and not stopping. Where was he going? What did he want? Why was he running? He wasn't the runner, no, that was...

Yes, that was his problem. He just couldn't stop thinking about Minghao.

The cheetah couldn't come out of his head.

When the couples were revealed everything had changed for them. Before, they could barely tolerate each other, be together and try to get along, but now, what would happen to them?

The Spirits had chosen who would be paired and the chiefs decided that the alphas would be the ones to follow the courtship rituals and that the omegas would choose them in the end, that they would have that final decision.

He stopped, agitated, with his mouth open, looking at the starry night sky between the treetops. If he kept going, he could reach the savanna biome, it was close, he just had to keep moving forward.

Yes, that's what it was about, to keep moving forward. What would Minghao think of him? At first they didn't seem to get along, they always argued and there was constant tension between the two of them. But other than that, Mingyu and Minghao were...

The wolf raised his head to the sky and howled, and perhaps, not far from there, a boy who was looking out the window, unable to sleep, could hear that haunting howl.

[ ... ]

He moved on his long, slim legs across the race track, under the sun and with the wind being left behind. His blond hair with black strands and his skin was covered in sweat.

Minghao reached the finish line and stopped with his legs, due to the speed at he was going.

Wonwoo had already pressed the button to stop the stopwatch. Then he approached the captain of the Athletics Club, who was catching his breath.

"Today you were two seconds behind your usual time, that's strange," said the glasses boy, seeing Minghao who stood up and released the air through his mouth, catching his breath.

"What? Am I running slower?" He asked with a frown.

"Well, two seconds slower, it's not that bad-

"Every second counts, Wonwoo."

Minghao went to the stands where there was a towel to dry his sweat and his water bottle. Wonwoo followed him and lowered his eyebrows.

"You're distracted, that's it. Is it because...?"

Wonwoo knew that since the day before, no one would be like before, the revelation of the couples was a tremendous shock for them. Nobody knew what to do.

Minghao looked at him sharply, to prevent him from continuing speaking, but Wonwoo didn't stop.

"Mingyu is also confused, Minghao."

At the mention of that name, Minghao blinked in a baffled manner.

"What do I care?" He said, looking away.

"He's your mate," Wonwoo replied and Minghao looked at him ironically.

"What? I don't remember accepting him, Kim hasn't done anything to begin with-

"Do you mean the courtship?" The black-haired boy interrupted him, crossing his arms. "Do you think we're going to start doing it right away?"

Minghao looked at him again, narrowing his eyes at the older boy.

"What? Don't tell me you're going to do it, with Junjun..."

Wonwoo put on a serious face, lips in a straight line and fists clenched at his side. Minghao opened his eyes in surprise, gasping.