𝟏𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐭

They wouldn't have training until two days later and they could take a breather. Apart from that they had to study for school.

But Minghao did have his training related to his position as a serac. He had to go to the wolf niche, with Kim Bum, the serac of his father's generation.

Once again Jackson was taking him and Minghao now seemed to be on worse terms with Mingyu since their argument last time, so he didn't know if he would see him, but he would go straight to his house, so it was impossible to avoid the firstborn wolf.

They arrived at the residence and Bum was waiting for him there, smiling. Minghao greeted him politely.

"Ready to meditate?"

Minghao nodded and didn't know if he was relieved to not see Mingyu or disappointed for some reason.

"By the way, we will have to give you much more special treatment, taking into account that you are my son's fiancé, and the Kim Clan will join the Xu Clan, so I spoke with your father and you are going to stay for dinner with us , I hope you don't mind."

Minghao didn't know that, it caught him off guard, but he kept his cordial gesture.

"No, it's fine, my pleasure and thank you for your kindness."

"Don't be so formal." Bum put a hand on his shoulder. "We will be family, we have to get along."

Minghao smiled sheepishly. Then they entered the large house, crossing the main room that had the stairs that led to the second floor.

"Although, Wonsik told me that you and my son don't have a very good relationship, so to speak."

Minghao lowered his eyebrows and Bum looked at him with a soft gesture.

"Has Mingyu done something to upset you?"

"I-it's not that."

Maybe yes, maybe no. Mingyu made Minghao angry very easily for anything, sometimes even he didn't understand why.

"I can talk to him, now he must behave like a good alpha with you because you are his omega, although of course, you will ultimately decide that."

They went to the room where the great oak tree was.

"It's not necessary, maybe we just need to spend more time together."

It was that? Every time they saw each other they were at each other's throats, but it was true that they didn't get along much.

"That can be easily arranged... I think the ideal would be for you to spend some time with Mingyu to be more relaxed when you come to meditate, he's in his room, I think you already know where it is, in an hour I will call you."

Minghao looked at Bum with wide eyes.

"Go with Mingyu? Now?"

The adult nodded with a smile that reminded him a lot of his son's.

"Yes, he shouldn't be doing anything and if he is, then whatever, you still go with him, it's true that you should spend more time together."

The omega looked at the floor.

"Okay."

Bum stretched out his hand for him to move and Minghao bowed before heading where he knew it was Mingyu's room. He walked up the stairs and towards the door of the alpha boy's room. It was half open. Minghao knocked on it, waiting for a response, but nothing.

"Isn't he here?" he thought, daring to open the door a crack.

He looked forward, but his gaze quickly went downwards as he perceived movement. Mingyu was on the floor, on a mat, shirtless, doing sit-ups. Their eyes met when the alpha also noticed Minghao. He had headphones on, so he hadn't heard him knock.