Chapter 22: Good Place

"Oh, it's about me again. It all comes back to this, huh, Liam?"

"Yes, Spencer. This is the only time I'm asking this of you, and you can't even give me a reasonable answer,"

Matthew and Carl were in the middle of filming their argument as Liam and Spencer. It was the defining moment of the film where Matthew was asking him to come out for their sakes. The time skip has already happened at this stage of the film—Carl's character, Spencer, had attracted a producer from a recording company two years ago, and that had jumpstarted his career since then.

And since then, Matthew's character, Liam, has been by his side—made the decision to drop college and became Spencer's full-time manager and boyfriend. Spencer has taken the world by storm when he debuted, and he was nothing but happier now that he was making his dreams come true.

But in the midst of the success of Spencer's career, arguments like these were always inevitable. All because he couldn't come out of the closet, Liam has kept on hounding him to come out as early as now but couldn't do so. And it led to the argument they were having now.

"Why do you always feel the need to bring this up?" Spencer asked, an angry frown on his handsome face as his voice rose several octaves than usual. He was pissed and was unhappy that Liam was questioning the existence of their relationship.

"Why shouldn't I? Every time an opportunity comes up for you to admit that we're a couple, you shrink to the ground and you just stay quiet, as always. It's as if I don't even matter to you—that I don't mean anything to you.

I've been there for you since day one, Spence. I've helped you with your music. This is the only thing I'm asking for. Wh-what is it that you're afraid of?" Liam countered back with the same aggression in his voice and gestured over to Spencer with his hands, pacing back and forth on the carpeted-floor of their hotel room.

"And I've always been grateful that you're always there for me, you know that. Do you really think this is easy for me? It's not just my fans who are expecting great things from me—the label, too!

Do you want to try being me for a second? Then, you demand these things from me like I owe you anything? I thought you did those things for me because you love me?" Spencer rebutted in exasperation, staring over at Liam with sad eyes as he sat down on the couch.

Matthew opened his mouth to reply the next line from the script, but his voice squeaked like a chipmunk on crack. He put a hand to cover his mouth in surprise, breaking character at the most expensive moment and looking apologetic to everyone in the room.

There was a moment of silence in the room, before Carl burst into a fit of giggles—the intensity of atmosphere turned into a circus of chaos because as soon as the musician laughed, everyone in the room followed suit with the exception of Jermaine.

"Cut!" the director yelled, looking unamused by the disruption of the scene from where he was sitting. "Can someone give him water, please?"

"I'm so sorry," Matthew said as he groaned, tilting his head up high in disappointment as someone from the crew gave him a bottle of water in a matter of minutes after Jermaine said so.

A familiar pair of lips kissed his cheek, and the actor leaned into Carl's touch as if it was a lifesaver. "You're adorable, baby," Carl whispered to his ear, a small smirk on his handsome face as he pinched Matthew's cheek.

The actor just pouted in response as he opened the bottle of water to drink a good amount of it. After a few minutes of taking a break, they reshot the scene, and this time, it was a success. It was the third month of filming, and they were about to be just finished with the movie.