Chapter 24: Truly Madly Deeply

"Dude, you could try to be less excited," Prince chided with a smirk, his eyebrows raised at Matthew, staring at the actor in obvious pride. He and Tyler have been nothing but proud of Matthew for overcoming the hurdles in his life. Maybe because of the impact Carl has on him, or maybe he has realized the power he held as a celebrity.

"Let him be, Prince," chastised by the actor's manager, Tyler, who was busy looking and frowning at his phone as he sat on the couch of the penthouse with one leg atop of his other, looking cool and unbothered. "He doesn't even make fun of your relationship with Mikey. And besides, it's their anniversary and the premiere night for their movie."

It has been a complete year since Matthew and Carl's relationship has blossomed into the public life, and as well as everyone knew it, they have been labeled as "The Royal Queer Couple" from most medias. A lot has happened since, and they continued to be themselves.

For the past year, they have had their ups and downs, but it was nothing to be worried about, especially if they went by the names of Matthew and Carl. Every kind of relationship would have some estranged moments; arguments that could spell the end for a relationship, or maybe something could have happened behind the closed doors. And it was no stranger to them.

On the month of November, Matthew's birth month, the actor had mistakenly accused Carl had been cheating due to several circumstances that led to Matthew's mistake. It had been the busiest month for Carl; he was working late nights for his sophomore album, he was branded as an ambassador for Calvin Kleins, and he has had hosting gigs for several awards show—in which led to Matthew's honest miscalculations, as there had been minimal interactions between them.

To say it was the most embarrassing and shameful situation Matthew was put in, was a complete understatement. Carl didn't talk to him for a while, saying such allegations had been misplaced due to mistrust and lack of faith in him. But on the evening before Christmas, they eventually talked about it and forgave each other's mishaps—with Matthew giving the musician the icing on top of the cupcake as his Christmas gift; keys to his several houses all across the country.

Having spent the holidays with Carl and his family—who had been nothing but supportive for the two of them, except for his little sister who had a stupid crush on Matthew, saying childish things as though she had a chance with the actor—they have exceptionally celebrated with no uncertainties, no misunderstandings, and no inconveniences for both parties.

Meeting Carl's family after a few months of dating had been one of the things he looked forward to. After hearing so many wonderful stories about them, he had gotten so excited when he met them on the holidays, especially when they had made him feel so welcomed at their humble abode.

"Matthew, it's so good to finally meet you in person," Clarisse had told him, a heartwarming smile plastered across her face on one afternoon of December when the couple had arrived in the musician's hometown. She was a beautiful woman in her age; she had a dyed brown hair, but the slight exposure of her silver-grey roots was an indication of age, she has the same eye color as Carl's but the shape of her eyes wasn't, and not to mention, she has the same warmth and kindness as Carl did.

His father, Gabriel, was the very spitting image of Carl. Matthew had thought he was a twin brother of the musician, if it wasn't for the grey hairs and beard. He had a stern, intimidating, and masculine look, and despite that, he had a feeling he was just as kind as his son was because when he went to shake their hands, he had been pulled to an embrace instead, saying a lot of grateful things; a great example was for taking care of their son.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. and Mrs. Wyatt," Matthew had said with the biggest smile plastered on his face as Carl had stood behind him with the same handsome smile the actor fell in love with.