Chapter 60.5: Expedition (Part 2)

Location: Dwarven city, Grameus continent
25th July, 1633, 10:20 AM

Six humvees travel on the road, they are the 10th recon team, they have bring some researcher along since they are going to visit the Dwarven city. American humvees stop at the gate leading into Dwarven city that was placed underground. The guard were alerted at this intrusion and raise their weapon, cannons were aimed at American troops.

"Who are you!?" Commander of the guard shouted.

He gaze at the vehicles again and notice the flag on the metal body. He quickly realize who it was.

"Hold fire!" He ordered.

"They are American! Don't fire!"

The group of American humvees is lead into the city by Dwarven guard. American researcher look on with astonishment, the prosperous underground city. It almost looked like Esthirant. Flying contraption that land on building, or even steampunk exo-suit walking around, it is extremely fascinating.

"I wonder if we could take that to reverse engineer..." Researcher said while looking at the exo-suit.

Underground should've been unsuitable for any intelligent life but this civilization proved them wrong.

"Holy crap, I didn't think Dwarves would be this.. advance"

"Look so ancient and modern at the same time. I can't believe this"

American convoys are led inside the Foreign Affairs Department headquarters. It is not as large as those of other nations outside of Grameus, although it is comprehensible given the small number of nations on this continent.

"Uh... Where is the entrance?" One American soldier asked the Dwarven guard.

The wall infront in a hard rock walls. Definitely something they can't go through.

"Please wait for the Gyrocraft to come and pick you up" The guard replied.

"Gyrocraft?"

Suddenly, a helicopter-looking aircraft lands near them on the landing pad. It is larger and more primitive looking than the helicopters used by the United States military. The aircraft has two main rotors and one tail rotor, and the cockpit is exceptionally large, accommodating three pilots.

"Welcome to our glorious city, foreigner!" The pilot shouted.

"Get in! We will fly you into the building!" Another pilot shouted.

American group nervously walk onto the aircraft before the pilot start taking off the instant after. The rotor spins for a few seconds to provide lift and allow the aircraft to float in the air, similar to how a helicopter works. They were high enough to see the entire city, which is incredibly large for a subterranean metropolis. Buildings on the ground, both tall and low, as well as a large hole in the ceiling that leads to the mountain's summit.

They travel slowly near the landing pad on the foreign affairs building; the aircraft softly lands and the engine gradually stops; the group exits the aircraft safely. Lieutenant Jusion, the leader of the American group, questioned the Dwarven pilot.

"Isn't it inconvenience to fly in uh... Underground like this?"

"No way! We are already used to it, don't worry" Copilot replied.

Researcher in group added up.

"I was shocked, honestly. I didn't thought you would have a helicopter"

The main pilot thought for a while, then placed his hand on the body of his aircraft, nodded slightly, and gave the American their response.

"We called this boys Gyrocraft, it is a fairly new invention just a bit over 60 cycles ago. The original inventor wanted a flying machine other than the old steam blimps so he contacted with the foreigner from the west and here we are. This boys is just very convenient, and also very advanced, we won't even risk one of them destroyed"