20

Past

In a big mansion, a girl was peacefully sleeping until when a crease formed on her face and creating worry lines on her expression. She woke up with a jerk from her sleep, breathing heavily, she looked around in confusion upon realizing the same surrounding she breath she took a sigh. The familiar room environment slowly soothed her, and she began to relax, although a throbbing headache reminded her of the previous night.

"Kya, Ammi? Ab aise mat dekhiye. Humne toh limit mein hi pi thi, par shayad quality zyada achi thi." She looked up and said.

She got up from her bed while saying. "Kya, Ammi? Ab maaf kar dijiye na. please, ap ki beti kon roz drink krti ha, in sab sy dure hi rehti ha bas kal tora stress zaida ta." she moved towards a big frame on the wall having picture of her mother.

She placed her hand gently on the frame, smiling faintly. "Aap hamesha kehti thi ke sab kuch theek se karna, humessha theek say rahana. hum bohat try karty hnn, Ammi, par kabhi kabhi sab kuch bohat zaida mushkil lagta hai."

She sighed deeply, looking at the face in the photograph. "Hum khud ko bohat sambhalne ki koshish kar rahe hain, Ammi. Par kabhi kabhi thak jaty han, aapke bina zindgi bohat muskil ha, Par hum apne aap ko yaad dilaty han ke aap hamesha humry saath hi hain." she smiled faintly.

She straightened up and said, "Ab humein jana hoga. Nahi toh aapke husband ka... aapko pata hi hai." She chuckled softly, with a of sadness in her eyes, "Woh humare upar hamesha gussa hi hote hain, bas bahana chiyay unhen."

"Aap please humare liye dua kariye na. Humein aapki zaroorat hai bohat." She glanced back at the picture one more time. With that, Haseena went to the washroom to freshen up, feeling a little more at peace.

*********

Haseena Malik living in Dehradun with her father, Aftab Malik, a famous business tycoon. Her mother died when she was just eight, leaving a deep emptiness in her life. Despite her efforts, Haseena couldn’t bridge the emotional gap with her father, who always seemed distant and unresponsive to her attempts to get closer.

She felt that her father’s already strict behavior had become even harsher, possibly because of some decisions she had made that he didn’t approve of. This made Haseena feel misunderstood and alone in her own home, yearning for the warmth and affection that always seemed out of reach.

In the absence of her mother presence, Haseena found peace in talking to her framed photograph, sharing her joys and sorrows as if her mother were still there to listen. Another source of comfort was Dai Jaan, a caregiver who had been with her since she was little and treated her like her own daughter.

Dai Jaan’s love, care and guidance were a lifeline for Haseena, providing her with the motherly support she needed. Despite living in a big, fancy house and having many privileges because of her father's status, Haseena's heart longed for love warmth and understanding.

The big, grand mansion felt empty to Haseena, making her desire for genuine relationships. Even though she felt lonely, she hoped that one day she would find the love and acceptance she wanted, whether from her father or from someone else in the world.

********

After getting ready, she descended the stairs and saw a man in a black suit, her father aftab malik sitting at the dining table, having breakfast. She walked over to him and said, "Good morning, Dad."