Hate and Daisy's Parents

🩶NORMAL POV:

The turtles, Rocco and Faline, returned to the lair after avoiding getting caught by the police. All their minds were on about what just took place at Police Headquarters. Being exposed and being called monsters took a hit to all of them, especially Mikey. Plus, Faline was worried about April and Casey. Were they okay? Rocco was worrying about Daisy, hoping she was okay.

Once they were in the lair, Rocco and Faline changed back into humans. They saw Master Splinter looking at the computers.

"It is all over the police scanner. They are hunting you. What happened up there?" he asked the six teens as they approached him.

"Tell him, Raph. Tell him how you broke rank and got us all exposed. For the most selfish reason," Leo said with anger as he took the purple ooze from Raph.

"The Foot were gonna get their hands on it," Raph protested, telling his side of the story.

"You didn't know that!" Leo fired back.

"Stealing from Police Headquarters...there's no scenario where you wouldn't get caught," Donnie said, freaking out with his hands over his head.

"Maybe if you hadn't lied to your own flesh and blood!" Raph started to say, getting into Donnie's face as he looked like he was going to cry.

"Hey, don't talk to him like that!" Rocco snapped, changing into blue fire creature form. "He didn't lie about anything! Don't blame this on Donnie when I don't see him lying!"

The boys were shocked at how Rocco yelled at Raph, standing up for Donnie, but Splinter and Faline knew he was right.

"Oh wait," Leo added, getting pretty much all of their attention as he glared at Raph. "The way you lied to April? And now she's taking the fall for your mess."

Hearing this, Faline got mad. She didn't like that Raph lied to her best friend and dragged her into his selfish plan. She glared daggers at him as he left for his room to go calm down.

Faline hugged herself while looking to the floor as her heart ached. This was the first time she had ever been called a monster by someone. It didn't just hurt her physically, but emotionally. It was worse than the mean names the bullies had called her when she was young.

"You should've seen the looks on their faces," Mikey said as Leo saw the hurt expression on his little brother's face. "They weren't just...scared. There was...actual hate."

Leo shook his head and walked away, and Faline followed him.

"It will be alright, my son," Splinter assured his son that he shouldn't lose hope. "People fear what they do not understand."

Splinter then followed Leo to talk some sense into him. Rocco went over to Mikey and sat beside him.

"Rocco...why is it that you, Faline, April, Casey, and Vern are the only ones who are okay with us, but others make it seem like we are monsters? It hurts to be called that from people when we protect the city from bad guys," Mikey said in tears.

Rocco just gave a sigh with sadness. "I guess some people just don't understand that others have feelings."

He wasn't sure if Daisy was scared or disgusted by him, but he didn't lose hope of having a friendship (or possibly a relationship) with her.