Chapter 29: Confrontation

*** Disclaimer: I'm so sorry in advance for grammatical errors you might encounter, English is not my first language, please bare with me. Thank you :)

◦•●◉✿✿◉●•◦

The atmosphere at the company was tense. Shareholders filled the conference room, their voices rising in frustration and impatience. Faye and Nam moved through the crowd trying to maintain calm as they approached the front of the room.

One of the senior shareholders, Mr. Harris, banged his fist on the table. "It's been weeks! We demand answers! Where is Freen Chankimha?"

Faye held up her hands in a placating gesture. "Please, everyone, calm down. We understand your concerns, and we're here to address them."

Nam stepped forward, her voice steady but firm. "Freen is handling a critical personal matter, but she has not neglected her responsibilities to this company. We assure you, she will address all your questions soon."

A murmur of dissatisfaction rippled through the room. Another shareholder, Mrs. Gupta, stood up, her face set in a scowl. "This is unacceptable. We need answers, not excuses."

Faye took a deep breath, trying to maintain her composure. "We understand your frustration, Mrs. Gupta. Freen is aware of the situation and is taking steps to ensure the company's stability. In the meantime, we have prepared a detailed report on the current status and future plans for the company."

She handed out copies of the report, hoping the information would appease the angry shareholders. Nam continued, "We are also here to answer any immediate questions you might have."

Mr. Harris, still visibly agitated, leafed through the report. "This is all well and good, but the more pressing question is what we've seen in the presentation happened the night of the company's annual ball, Freen is the real owner of the company, not Faye. And that secret organization, is there any truth to this?"

The room fell silent, all eyes on Faye. She felt a wave of tension sweep through her, but she stood tall, ready to reveal the truth. "Yes, it's true. Freen is the real owner of the company. And that organization don't have anything to do with you all. So let it be as it is."

A collective gasp echoed through the room. Mrs. Gupta's eyes widened in surprise. "How is that possible? And why are we only hearing about this now?"

Faye exchanged a quick glance with Nam before continuing. "Freen is my sister. Our father, Mr. Chankimha, was unaware of Freen's involvement in this company. The public shouldn't know about my sisters involvement here. But she has been the driving force behind many of our successes."

Mr. Harris looked skeptical. "And why keep this a secret from your own father and us?"

Faye took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts. "Freen decided to keep it a secret for a reason. She has plans and there are things you don't need to know right now, but rest assured, Freen has the company's best interests at heart."

Mrs. Gupta's expression softened slightly. "So, Freen has been the one leading us all along?"

"Yes," Faye confirmed. "Freen's leadership and vision have been instrumental to our growth."

"But why isn't she here to address us?" One of the shareholders asked.

"Freen is dealing with a family emergency. Her partner, was severely injured because of what happened in the annual ball, and Freen has been by her side. This has understandably taken a significant toll on her, but she is committed to returning to her duties as soon as possible."