Memories

The forest was quiet, the shadows lengthening as the sun dipped below the horizon. Namjoon led the pack, their steps silent and purposeful. It had been ten years since Jungkook vanished during a pack hunt, leaving a pregnant Jimin behind. The loss had been devastating, not just to Jimin, but to the entire pack. Yet, the bond between mates was the most affected; Jimin had never truly recovered.

Jimin's health had deteriorated over the years. The once vibrant and lively omega had become frail and sickly, his body aching with the absence of his alpha. The pack had done their best to support him, but nothing could replace the void left by Jungkook's disappearance. Their son, Taeyang, had grown up resenting the father he had never known, blaming him for his mother's condition.

Namjoon caught a familiar scent, faint but undeniable. His heart raced as he motioned for the pack to follow. They moved quickly, their senses heightened, and it wasn't long before they stumbled upon a small, secluded cabin. Namjoon's nose twitched as he caught the unmistakable scent of Jungkook.

Inside, Jungkook sat by the fire, his arm around a young omega woman. She smiled at him, her eyes filled with affection. An older woman, presumably her mother, bustled around the kitchen. Jungkook seemed at peace, content in a way that made Namjoon's heart ache.

Namjoon stepped forward, his presence commanding attention. The room fell silent as Jungkook turned to face him, confusion flickering in his eyes.

"Jungkook," Namjoon said softly, his voice filled with a mixture of relief and sorrow. "It's been ten years. We've finally found you."

Jungkook's brows furrowed, his grip tightening on the young omega. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

Namjoon's heart sank. "You don't remember? You went missing during a pack hunt ten years ago. Jimin...your mate...he's been waiting for you."

Jungkook's eyes widened, a flicker of recognition passing through them. "Jimin..." he whispered, the name feeling both familiar and foreign on his tongue.

The young omega looked between them, her expression wary. "What are you talking about? Jungkook is going to marry me."

Namjoon sighed, his gaze softening as he looked at her. "I understand this is confusing, but Jungkook belongs to our pack. He has a mate and a child who need him."

The older woman stepped forward, her eyes filled with concern. "Jungkook has been with us for ten years. He lost his memories and we've taken care of him. He doesn't remember anything about his past life."

Namjoon nodded. "We appreciate everything you've done for him, but he needs to come back with us. Jimin's health is failing without his alpha."

Jungkook looked at the young omega, his heart torn. "I...I don't know what to do."

Namjoon stepped closer, placing a hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "Come with us. Maybe being back with the pack will help you remember."

The journey back was tense, Jungkook's mind a whirlwind of confusion and guilt. The young omega, whose name was Hana, and her mother accompanied them, their expressions filled with uncertainty.

As they approached the pack's territory, the familiar scents and sounds began to stir something within Jungkook. His heart ached with a longing he couldn't quite place. When they reached the pack house, Jimin was waiting, his frail form leaning against the doorframe, and beside him stood their ten-year-old son, Taeyang.

"Jungkook..." Jimin's voice was barely a whisper, his eyes wide with disbelief.

Jungkook stepped forward, his heart pounding. "Jimin?"

Tears streamed down Jimin's face as he rushed to his mate, collapsing into his arms. "I thought I'd lost you forever."

Jungkook held Jimin close, his own tears falling freely. "I'm so sorry. I don't remember everything, but I know I've missed you."