Delivery Boy

Jungkook wiped the sweat off his brow as he balanced a stack of takeout boxes on his motorbike. The summer heat in Seoul was relentless, but he couldn't afford to slow down. Every delivery brought him one step closer to his dream of opening a small restaurant. He adjusted his cap and checked the address on his phone.

“Park Jimin, Gangnam-gu,” he muttered. “Another rich client.”

Jungkook rode through the bustling streets, weaving through traffic with practiced ease. When he arrived at the grand mansion, he couldn't help but marvel at its size. The gates were imposing, and the gardens meticulously manicured.

He rang the doorbell and waited. Moments later, the door opened to reveal Park Jimin, a young man with striking features and an air of sophistication. Jimin looked surprised to see Jungkook, his gaze lingering a little longer than necessary.

“Hello, I have your order,” Jungkook said, offering a polite smile.

Jimin smiled back, his eyes crinkling at the corners. “Thank you. Please, come in for a moment while I get the payment.”

Jungkook hesitated but then followed Jimin inside. The interior of the mansion was even more impressive, filled with art and luxurious furnishings. Jimin led him to the living room and gestured for him to sit.

“Would you like something to drink? It’s quite hot outside,” Jimin offered.

“I’m fine, thank you,” Jungkook replied, feeling slightly out of place.

Jimin disappeared for a moment and returned with a cold bottle of water. “Here, just in case.”

Jungkook accepted it with gratitude. “Thanks.”

As Jimin sorted through his wallet, he glanced at Jungkook. “You must be busy with all the deliveries.”

“It keeps me on my toes,” Jungkook said with a shrug. “But it’s all worth it. I’m saving up to open my own restaurant someday.”

Jimin’s eyes lit up with interest. “That’s impressive. Do you have a particular cuisine in mind?”

“Fusion, mostly. I want to blend traditional Korean dishes with modern twists,” Jungkook explained, his passion evident.

Jimin handed him the payment along with a generous tip. “I’d love to try your food someday.”

Jungkook grinned. “I’ll make sure to invite you to the grand opening.”

As he left the mansion, Jungkook couldn’t shake the feeling of Jimin’s eyes on him. There was something warm and inviting about the rich heir, something that made Jungkook look forward to his next delivery there.

Over the next few weeks, Jimin ordered more frequently, and each time, he made sure to have a conversation with Jungkook. They talked about everything, from food to dreams, and slowly, a bond began to form. Jungkook found himself looking forward to these deliveries, to the moments of respite in Jimin’s company.

One evening, as Jungkook was about to leave after a delivery, Jimin stopped him.

“Jungkook, can I ask you something?” Jimin’s tone was hesitant.

“Of course,” Jungkook replied.

Jimin took a deep breath. “Would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow? Not as a delivery boy, but as my guest.”

Jungkook was taken aback. “Are you sure? I mean, I’m just—”

“Please,” Jimin interrupted, his eyes earnest. “I really enjoy your company, and I’d like to get to know you better.”