𖤐The Hard Work Starts 𖤐

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N's Note: Hello, hello! Welcome readers to the next installment to the story!! I just want to say a big big thank you to all for over 100 reads!! When I started this story, I wasn't sure on how it was going to go but I am glad you guys like it enough to read it! More chapters are on their way soon!! Have a lovely time reading! A~ xoxo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N stood on the rooftop, her chest heaving as she tried to catch her breath, emotions swirling like a storm inside her. She had needed to release the pent-up frustration and anger, and the scream had been her only outlet. A single tear threatened to spill from her eye, but she caught it with the back of her hand before it could fall. The night air was cool against her skin, the silence broken only by the faint ending of her scream echoing into the distance.

Down below, Lord Shen heard the distant cry, his sharp ears twitching at the sound. "What is that noise? I swear if that is Y/N..." he muttered to himself, groaning in irritation. He had just settled in the kitchen for a quiet moment with his tea, but now he felt compelled to investigate. The groan came from a place of both concern and exasperation, knowing Y/N's propensity for pushing her limits.

Y/N's heart raced as she heard Shen's footsteps ascending the stairs. Panic surged through her; she couldn't face another confrontation with him, not now. She darted to the other side of the rooftop, hiding in the shadows cast by the moonlight. She watched as Shen emerged, his silhouette sharp and menacing in the dim light. He paused, sensing her presence but not seeing her.

Shen's eyes narrowed as he scanned the rooftop, walking slowly, methodically, each step deliberate. "Y/N," he called out, his voice low and threatening, "if you're up here, you better show yourself." He continued to walk, his feathers rustling softly in the night air. Y/N held her breath, pressing herself against the cool stone of the rooftop wall, praying he wouldn't find her. As Shen continued his search, Y/N knew she had to move. She edged along the perimeter of the rooftop, staying low, her movements quiet and calculated. Shen was advancing towards her hiding spot, his presence palpable even though he couldn't see her. Gathering her courage, Y/N made a break for the rooftop door, sprinting lightly across the stone surface.

She slid down the staircase banister, landing softly on her feet at the bottom. Her heart pounded in her chest as she clutched her robe, cutting corners and racing down the dimly lit hallways. She could still hear Shen moving above, his frustration growing as he searched for her in vain. Y/N reached her bedroom quarters, slipping inside and closing the door gently behind her.In the darkness of her room, she blew out the light in the lantern, casting herself into shadow. She threw her robe to the side and climbed into bed, the adrenaline still coursing through her veins. The brief respite brought her back to the pain in her side, the wound from her earlier confrontation with the civilian still bleeding slightly. She winced, pulling the covers over her and curling up, trying to find some semblance of comfort despite the pain and turmoil. As she lay there, she couldn't shake the feeling of Shen's presence still looming over her, his stern words echoing in her mind.

Shen continued his search upon the rooftop, his frustration mounting with each passing second. As he neared the rooftop door, something caught his eye—a small, dark stain on the ground. He knelt down, inspecting it closely. It was blood. His eyes narrowed, and a cold anger settled in his chest. Y/N was still awake and evidently up to something, despite his stern warnings and her injuries.

Making a mental note to bring it up at breakfast tomorrow, Shen rose to his feet, his mind already crafting the lesson in discipline he would have to impart. She needed to understand the gravity of her actions, the consequences of defying him. His feathers ruffled with irritation as he descended the stairs, the image of the bloodstain burned into his thoughts.