𓂀 ⚕ 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 ⚕ 𓂀

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N's Note: Hello dearest readers! I sure hope you have been enjoying this story! I just want to take a minute to thank you all for reading my story! When I first started writing this, I wasn't sure if anyone was going to read it, but we got to #1 lordshen on Wattpad!! For a small writer for myself, it feels like a huge achievement so thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart! With that said, below here is the next chapter! Also thank you so so so much for over 200 reads! Happy Reading! A~ xoxo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N wandered the ancestral home in a state of quiet contemplation, her mind churning with the weight of the decision before her. The night had fallen thick and heavy, cloaking the halls in shadow and silence. Her footsteps were soft, barely a whisper against the worn wooden floors as she moved from room to room. The grand study stood before her, a room seldom used by anyone except Lord Shen himself. Its doors creaked as she pushed them open, revealing a space cluttered with the evidence of Shen's restless mind.

Scrolls lay scattered across the floor, some blank, others filled with half-formed thoughts and intricate doodles. Shelves lined with ancient tomes stood sentinel against the walls, their spines cracked and faded with age. Y/N's eyes fell on the large desk dominating the center of the room, a chaotic sprawl of ink and parchment. She approached it with caution, her fingers brushing over the clutter. Among the scribbles, she found a partially written letter, the ink smudged and blurred. 

As Y/N pored over a scroll labeled "Letter of Confession to make to...", her eyes narrowed in frustration. She realized with a sinking feeling that the scroll was torn. The edge was ragged, and it was clear that a significant portion was missing. Her heart pounded with the urgency to find the rest of the letter. She rifled through the scattered papers on the study floor, lifting stacks of documents and peering behind bookshelves. But no matter how thorough her search, the missing piece remained elusive.

Determined, Y/N exited the study and headed toward Shen's bedroom quarters once more. Her steps were measured, each one echoing softly in the silent corridors. She pushed the door open just enough to slip inside, her eyes quickly adjusting to the dim light, the moon casting a pale glow through the window. Shen lay on the bed, his form still in the faint light. Y/N moved with the grace of a cat, her eyes darting around the room. Her gaze fell on his pillow, and with a soft mutter, she crept closer.

She froze as Shen shifted in his sleep, his body turning to the other side. Holding her breath, she waited for him to settle before reaching under the pillow. Her fingers brushed against paper, and she quickly snatched it, retreating as quietly as she had come. The door closed with a faint click, and Shen stirred but did not wake. He sighed and rolled over, drifting back into slumber. Once outside, Y/N unfurled the letter, her eyes scanning the words.

"My dearest Y/N, it's Shen. Obviously, I was writing this for you... because I never wanted you to go." The letter continued, Shen's voice almost audible in the silent night. He poured his heart onto the paper, begging for forgiveness and expressing his desire to treat her as she deserved. He spoke of second chances, of dreams unfulfilled, and hopes for a future where she might stand by his side as a warrior, perhaps even as a queen. Y/N couldn't help but smile at the sincerity and vulnerability in his words, yet it only added to her confusion.

Tucking the letter into a safe pocket in her robe, Y/N climbed to the roof. The breeze tugged at her hair, cooling her flushed cheeks as she stood on the edge. The city lay below her, a sprawling expanse of darkness punctuated by the occasional glimmer of light. She took a deep breath and, with a leap, launched herself into the air. She twisted and turned, her staff guiding her descent until she landed with precision on the ground below.