Stolen Moment

The air crackled with the frenetic energy of wedding planning. D3 Dance Academy was transformed into a whirlwind of fabric swatches, floral arrangements, and excited chatter as Sharon and Swayam's Bali destination wedding loomed closer. Kriya, her face flushed with a mix of excitement and exhaustion, navigated the chaos, her phone buzzing with a constant stream of calls and messages.

Rey, ever the calm amidst the storm, stood by the window, watching the city lights twinkle below. He sighed, his gaze lingering on the delicate curve of Kriya's belly, barely visible beneath the loose tunic she wore. It had been weeks since they'd had a moment alone, truly alone.

"Everything okay, Rey?" Kriya asked, her voice laced with fatigue.

He turned, his eyes finding hers, understanding glimmering within them. 'Just missing you, that's all.'

Kriya smiled, taking a deep breath. 'I know. Me too. But this isn't just any wedding, you know? It's Sharon and Swayam. Our best friends. This is the least we can do for them.'

Rey nodded, his hand instinctively reaching for hers. 'Of course. It's just...' He trailed off, his gaze returning to the city lights.

Kriya's eyes softened. 'I know, Rey. I miss our late-night dance sessions, our movie nights, our stolen moments in the studio.'

'Remember when we were just starting out?' Rey asked, a wistful smile gracing his lips. 'We would spend hours in that tiny practice space, just the two of us, lost in the music, in each other?'

Kriya chuckled, her eyes twinkling. 'We were so young and clueless. But happy. So incredibly happy.'

Their fingers intertwined, a powerful unspoken language passing between them.

"Hey, I have an idea," Kriya said, her voice suddenly bright, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Let's take a break. Just for an hour. We can go to the rooftop, dance, and pretend it's just us, like old times."

Rey's eyes lit up, a wave of pure joy washing over him. 'That sounds perfect, Kriya. Let's go. Let's escape this chaos for a while.'

The rooftop was bathed in the soft glow of the moon. Rey had brought along a portable speaker, and soon the air was filled with the familiar strains of their favorite song - their first ever dance.

As Rey held Kriya close, the rhythm of their bodies moving in perfect harmony, a wave of emotion washed over him. Kriya's movements were a little slower, a little more graceful than usual, and he couldn't shake the feeling that there was something different about her, something that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

He looked at her, his love for her swelling with each beat of the music. She looked back, her smile radiant, and then, with a twinkle in her eyes, she said, 'Rey, I have something to tell you...'

She leaned in, whispering the words that would change their lives forever, 'I'm pregnant.'

The music faded into the background as Rey's heart soared. He pulled Kriya closer, his lips meeting hers in a kiss that spoke volumes.

"I love you," he whispered, tears welling in his eyes. "I love you more than anything in the world."

Kriya snuggled into his chest, her pregnant belly pressing against him. "I love you too, Rey. And I can't wait to dance this journey together."

The city lights twinkled below, a silent witness to the beginning of their new chapter - their family. And amidst the whirlwind of wedding plans, amidst the chaos of their busy lives, they found solace in each other, in the timeless rhythm of their love.

THE END

I'm back!! Y'all have no idea how much I missed writing & this was just an intrusive thought 🥹. I hope y'all enjoyed it even if it wasn't much 🙈. I'll try writing more from now on & please do drop your creative criticism so that I can give you guys more stories to read! ♥️

Love,
SarafWasima 💋