Mann Mera

Saari Raat Aahein Bharta
Pal Pal Yaadon Mein Marta
Maane Na Meri Mann Mera..

Kriya looked around standing in the middle of the living room, to see the emptiness that filled her house. Just few minutes back, this house was filled with chatters, giggles, laughs and now, just in a matter of few seconds, this silence take place. She sighed as she sat on the sofa with a thump. Just few days back, she was in her village, surrounded by her friends who wouldn't leave a chance to tease her, to make her blush with the name of her to-be spouse who was now her very own husband. She was a girl who was looking up to her coming life with those dreams which were extremely special for her. That day came, when she had to get married to the man, which was choose for her by her parents and destiny. Her father's words still ring in her mind.

"Aaj kal toh accha ladka milna hi itna mushkil hai...uspe itna accha parivaar...Meri betiya bohut bhagya wali hai" And she smiled. For sure, her father was so right.

She was the only daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Gautam Ghai who were well respected in the village. But when the villagers still follow the old tradition to think of a girl just as a machine who was born to give babies, nothing else and Education is strictly a No-No for them and boys were the only ones who were preferred, she can't thank God enough to bless her with such nice parents who love and support her all there life. Going against the wishes of the villagers and even there family members which also include her chachu, they allow her to study and complete her bachelors in fine arts as per her wish but her mother also trained her in house-hold stuff. And now, they choose this amazing man for whom her wishes, her dreams, her self-respect, her decision matter the most.

They have been married for a week now and were settled in Delhi city. Rey's small family stayed with her for a week, making her comfortable with the environment around while completing all the traditions. His sisters Simmi and Rinni accepted her as a sister and adored her as a sister-in-law. They both took her out into the malls, cafe's, hotels to get her accustomed with the life of a city and no matter how much she has already read about these things in novels, magazines & books, reading this and seeing this was completely a different experience.

Rey was driving back towards his small house after biding bye to his family who just left back for America. He himself was a USA return and now settled himself in Delhi as he started his own business of printing in here. His parents themselves were back from the same village as Kriya but later moved out from there in search of a better future and was on a visit to the village to refresh some of old memories when they saw her and asked her for him from her parents. He still remember how much excited Simmi and Rinni sounded when both of them get back from the tour of village and filled him with her description who particularly played the role of a guide for these NRI girls being the only girl who can speak English in the whole village.

"Bhai, she was so beautiful...Awww...Mummy and Dad too liked her" Simmi squealed.

"And unlike other village girls, she is well-educated and so well-mannered...am so excited just with the thought that she can be our bhabhi" Rinni chimed in as the both girls hug and showed Rey some of the pics, they took.

Rey felt his breath caught for a moment seeing that village beauty and silently cursed his luck while sitting in that small room of the mud house as why the hell he preferred to miss the tour of the village that day. His parents came later and asked his permission that if they could arrange his marriage and he happily agreed and till now, that was the best decision of his life.

Thode Thode Hosh Madhoshi Si Hai
Neend Behoshi Si Hai..
Jaane Kuchh Bhi Na Mann Mera..
Kabhi Mera Tha
Par Ab Mera Na Hai Yeh
Deewana Deewana Samjhe Na..Ho..