Intezaari

"Kriya mujhe tumse kuch baat karni hai"—he approached her.

"Kahiye, main sunn rahi hoon"—she replied, still typing on her keyboard.

"Thodi der ke liye apna dhyaan bhi meri taraf dedo."

"Theek hai, boliye"—she sighed, stopped her work, and turned her chair to face him.

"Kriya, mujhe lag raha hai ke humara rishta ek dead-end pe aake rukgaya hai" —he started.

"Isliye aap mujhse breakup karna chahte hain, haina?" -she completed.

"Tumhe kaise" "Come on, Rey! 6 saalon se hum dono saath hain, at least itna toh samajh hi sakti hoon. -she raised an eyebrow.

"Toh tumhe koi problem nahin hai?" —he asked nervously.

"Nahin, har rishte mein agar sabkuch 100% perfect hi hona hota toh phir baat hi kya thi... aap ko breakup chahiye toh main aapko iss rishte mein baandh kar nahin rakh sakti... aajse aap azaad hain" -she turns back to continue her work, leaving him surprised.

Isne react kyun nahin kiya? Kahin isse bhi sachme lagta hai ke humara rishta mar raha hai? Ya phir mere saamne react hi nahin karna chahti? Oh god! Why are girls so complicated?! —he remained perplexed.

"Achcha Rey main chalti hoon, shaam ko main apna saara samaan shift karwaungi."

"Nahin! I mean, tumhe shift karne ki koi zaroorat nahin hai, bas main dusre room mein shift hojaunga. Be comfortable! "

"Are you sure? Awkward feel nahin karoge?" "I am sure! I'll drop you now, let's go."

She shook her head with a smile and walked out of the flat, grabbing her keys and handbag. As she reached the parking lot, Rey had already ignited the car to start. She quickly sat down on the passenger seat beside him, buckled her seatbelt, and tied her hair into a bun with her scrunchie. Rey notices but doesn't say anything. At the intersection, he turns on the radio, where a classic song is being played.

Hum tum kitne paas hain kitne durr yeh chand sitaare, sach pucho toh mann ko jhoote lagte hain yeh saare, magar sachche lagte hain, yeh dharti, yeh nadiyaan, yeh raina aur? Aur tum...

During the song, Kriya had lowered the windows and the playful breeze was soothing her while Rey occassionally took a glance at her, not losing focus on the road. Soon, they reach the ashram where Kriya volunteers during her free days. It was an old age home, and she loved spending her time with the seniors, and they adored her as well. She waved goodbye to Rey, not before thanking him and going in, leaving him to gather his thoughts.

Pure raaste aise behave kar rahi thi, jaise sab theek hai, normally ladkiyan kuch toh negative reaction deti hai breakup ke baad... lekin yeh toh— Par main itna kyun restless ho raha hoon, Kriya toh wahi kar rahi hai jaisa maine chaha tha... —he shook his head and reversed the car to drive back to the theatre where his friends were conducting a play.

Shortly after arriving, he found his friends bickering with each other, but due to the noisy crowd, he couldn't figure out why. He texted them that he'd grabbed a seat in the front row and he wants them to sit on either side of him. Within no time, Rey found a spot, and soon two other souls joined him.

~TBC~

Heya readers! How long has it been? Well, I terribly missed writing in the last few months, and it really feels good to be back, even if it isn't timed. Trust me guys, if you guys won't be leaving your reviews, I may just disappear again since the last time something similar occurred. Anyway, coming back to this TS, You might have guessed that KriYaansh were in a live-in relationship before they split up, and now that Rey is paranoid, how can Kriya, a girl, take this so casually? Well, ahem, ab isse koun bataye 😏. Anyway, the next part would include 2 close friends of Rey's, who'll try to guide him, so now that it is up to you, whom should those dear angels be? Drop your comments and don't forget to vote for this part if you've liked it so far. The next update will be done very, very soon. 😉

Love
Yours Truly,
SarafWasima 💗