I miss you, I'm sorry

Camille

Camille

Geno had "punished" us by sticking the both of us in a hotel room un till we made up, at the rate it was going now. That was unlikely. I'm Stuck in this suffocating hotel room with her, every passing moment feels like an eternity. Her presence alone ignites a fire within me, one that I can't seem to extinguish. The air crackles with tension, thick with unspoken words and unresolved emotions. I can feel the heat rising, my blood boiling with frustration and desire, a dangerous combination in such close quarters. Her every movement, every glance, sends sparks flying, fueling the inferno raging inside me. This is so unfair, she started the feud on the court and yes, I did contribute in the first and second quarters but by the third, I had completely cooled off, sort of. 

There were two single beds in the room, Paige was facing away from me sitting on the edge of the bed. None of us spoke a word to each other. We just sat there in silence, or almost silence Paige kept picking at her fingers which made this terribly annoying clicking sound. It was getting on my nerves.

"Can you shut up?" I exclaimed. She just scoffed and rolled her eyes as we both continued to sit there in silence. 

We had been sitting in silence for 20 minutes now, someone had to say something and obviously I was going to be the bigger person.

"OK we have to talk about it eventually Paige" My voice was monotone as I spoke. She sighed as she finally faced me and we looked at each other.

"You start" she said.

"No you"

"No-" 

"Paige!"

"Camille!" she said as I rolled my eyes. 

"OK fine, Paige why are you mad at me? legit what have I done to you over the past few days if anything I should be more mad at you!" I exclaimed, I wasn't going to give in to her bullshit easily.

"It don't matter" she said.

"It clearly does!" 

"Just go text your little girlfriend or something Camille, Geno will get us in the morning anyways" She scoffed, how dare she, I actually couldn't believe her. I was trying to at least be the tiniest bit reasonable.

"Right! And why don't you just text your little side hoes from the club" I retorted. That caught her a little off guard because she stood up from the bed quickly and tried to make her way to the bathroom. But I was so mad which was kind of good in a way because I knew that any feeling I had for her was gone, but why was she mad at me? She had no reason to be, so... I got up as well and rushed over to her, grabbing her wrist and turning her around. 

"Camille don't!" she yelled.

"No, Paige this isn't fair, why are you so mad at me?" I yelled back. 

"Because-" But she stopped herself, looking down at me and closing the gap between us.