let it happen

Camille

Camille

Things had been fun, I mean... Paige and I had managed to successfully sneak back into our dorm after, that night. Without anybody knowing, well almost everybody. Nika of course knew that we kissed a while ago so I thought it would be okay to text her that night in the club and tell her that we were going to a hotel so she didn't worry, I never told her specifically but I think she knows.   

It had been a couple of days since then and we only had a week more left at school, things between Paige and I were really good. It was a bit weird though, like... in private we would kiss and act like girlfriends in a romantic way, but we weren't girlfriends...we were just "friends" and then around other people, we would just act like really close friends. 

I kind of liked it though, between us, it was super chill and we just got to spend time with one another without any pressure plus nobody had expectations about us since nobody knew, I liked having the ability to kiss her without being scared of what we were going to be in the future or what people thought of us.

But that wouldn't last forever, I did want to talk seriously about 'us'.

maybe now, maybe later but I just wanted to be in the moment with her for now.

As I put on my #18 UConn hoodie and went to leave my room I felt a hand grab my wrist and pull me back. Paige.

The girl who was sitting on the end of her bed pulled me towards her, stopping me from being able to leave the room. She pulled me between her legs so that I was looking down at her as I stood and she sat. The girl held onto my hand, gently caressing it with her thumb.

Paige smiled as she looked at me, obviously, I reciprocated. You couldn't not smile when you looked at her. She was wearing her #5 Uconn hoodie with black sweatpants, her hair was curled at the ends and her eyes were vibrant as she looked at me.

As I smiled I reached down at her face and cupped it in my hands, her hands made their way to my waist as she looked up at me.

"you good?" I joked. 

"Aha, I just want to spend one more minute with you before we have to pretend like nothing's happening," she said extremely cutely, which was funny in a way because one minute she would be all cute and then the next minute we would be playing basketball or even 2k and she'd be cursing me. That's our competitiveness though, that's why we work well together. 

"what's going on between us?" I joked with a fake naive tone causing the blonde to roll her eyes. 

"shut up," she said as she pulled my head towards us so that our lips crashed together in a slow and controlled kiss. 

When I pulled away she just pulled me in again for one more kiss, making me laugh as I kissed her.

"Paige-" I laughed as I jokingly pushed her off.