I can see you

Camille

Camille

The loss against LSU was tough for everybody, especially Paige. She had practically gone M.I.A with everybody after the game. Not to be dramatic she still talked to everybody and did her normal stuff but she just wasn't the same,  she was very sulky no matter how many times other people tried to cheer her up. I think she felt like the loss was on her, which...it kind of was, she didn't get her head in the game but I don't blame her, I've been there.

Obviously, I felt bad for her and I hated seeing her in this state, it physically lurched my stomach but I wasn't going to comfort her and pretend like nothing happened just because it was convenient for her. She doesn't get to think that everything is okay when it's not. I'm still mad at her for that game against Florida State which I'm allowed to be, I don't know...all of this has just been very weird, especially considering the thing we were fighting over started because we kissed.

And we both liked it.

It takes everything in me to stay mad at her, after all. I was obviously still into her. I just knew I could never act on my feelings, especially not now. We have shown multiple times that we put the team at risk, and we both have to put basketball first. 

With that, being back at school was strange considering we didn't have to wake up super early for practice since our season was over. Paige and I were still sharing a room in the dorms since we still have two more weeks left of school before summer break and before we moved dorms. next year all seniors have their own rooms in shared dorms. 

it was a little weird sharing a room with her still considering the tension between us right now, we did talk and everything but it was how we usually did. It was small talk.

"Yo" Nika said as her accent poked through.

"Yo" I replied as I took out some watermelon from the fridge and started to eat it.

"So...you wanna hit the club? I'm hella bored and some friends are going tonight" She added. Normally I would probably decline but with everything that's happened, I felt like I needed a night off. 

"yeah sure, as long as you don't drunk call my brother" I laughed sternly, referencing last time we both went out together.

"Ok that one was time!" 

"If we start getting ready now we could leave in an hour and meet everyone else there" Nika said as she looked down at the floor.

"oh and also Liyah, Ice and...Paige is coming," She said Paige's name quickly as I rolled my eyes and looked at her.

"We can be in the same room together Nika, I just don't really want to have anything to do with her right now" I added as I told Nika.

"Have you guys not talked about the kiss yet?" Nika said a little too loudly, even if she did try to keep her voice down.