the way I loved you

Camille

Camille

'and with that, Uconn heads to the sweet sixteen as they achieve their 24-point win over Maryland. Camille Madden and Paige Bueckers showcased their brilliance with incredible performances, leading the charge with precision shooting and strategic playmaking. Bueckers' court vision and clutch shooting kept Maryland on their heels throughout, while Madden's defensive prowess stifled Maryland's offence at crucial moments with the girl coming to a total of 10 steals and 6 turnovers. Adding to the spectacle, Aaliyah Edwards dominated the paint, dropping 20 points to secure UConn's decisive win. Their collective effort exemplified UConn's relentless pursuit of excellence as they advanced deeper into the tournament with their sights set on further glory. I do not doubt that Coach Auriemma expects nothing less than the best. Tune into March Madness as Uconn advances to the Sweet Sixteen. The next game coming up is Southern California vs LSU for the spot in the elite eight' 

Everything was good, everything had been good for the past three weeks. I mean we had just advanced to the Sweet Sixteen a week ago which was incredible and Leilani and I had been 'exclusive' for those three weeks. That day after she came to visit me she never officially asked me to be her girlfriend which was fine, so we were still kind of just 'going out'. We text a lot and we call each other a lot and everything is really good, I don't know...It's just I feel like things could be better. I really like her and I like spending time with her, she's stable and she's respectful and funny but I have this feeling that some things missing. 

I just don't know what, and I know this sounds bad but I've been comparing my feelings for her with the feelings I used to have for Paige and I feel... different?

It's probably just a phase that we will get over though, It's very new and we barely get to see each other in person. 

As for now I just have to focus on basketball and my game. Which was extremely hard considering I got very unlucky and UConn's game in the Sweet Sixteen was against...you guessed it Florida State University. Leilani's team, I really am lucky, aren't I?

Right now the team and I are in Portland ready for the game tomorrow, all of us were gathered in the training room just looking at film, we weren't actually training due to the risk of injury but we had been spending hours looking at film and running through plays, which made me even luckier since I got to see Leilanis face every two minutes when I clearly felt off about something. Well, I just felt perfectly fine. 

The whole team was exhausted from being in this room all day, we all just dreamed about going back to the hotel and sleeping. I looked over to Paige whose jaw was clenched at the film, I then looked to Azzi who was trying to get Paige's attention. What was that about? My eyes met with Nikas as she poked her tongue out making me laugh, Aubrey bumped me in the shoulder as Geno looked over to me.

"Something funny Madden?" 

"No coach" I giggled but I couldn't stop laughing because Nika and Aubrey were laughing at me.